jin (pt 4)

PART FOUR OF DARES

You think about it, noting how pretty average your life is compared to his. You certainly don't have anything interesting about you to tell so you throw the question back at him. "What do you want to know?"

He shakes his head in a amused way, scratching the back of his neck. "Uh, how about your plans for the future?"

You snicker at his original question and turn to him with a fond smile on your face. "I'd like to become a musician. I've played piano since I was five and it's always been my dream to perform on stage."

Jin stares at your face for a bit, in complete wonder of your sudden beauty. "That's amazing. Now, your turn. Ask me something."

"Why do you go around sleeping with girls?" You ask bluntly, hoping that he gives some logical answer because all he's done tonight is be a gentleman and you want to feel less guilty about the butterflies still making havoc in your stomach.

"I don't like the idea of settling down," he mutters, looking down in shame. Your heart aches as a silence sets in between the two of you.

"Why?" You whisper, afraid that your loud voice will break him. His big, brown eyes lock with yours, the look in them the definition of remorse.

"I can't stay with someone without feeling....insecure. Like, there's always going to be someone better for me so I don't give people the chance to make me feel that way and do it first."

You frown, reaching out for his hand for the second time of the night. "I'm sure you'll find someone who can make you feel loved."

His gaze locks in on your hand holding his, features softening into one that mimics the gentle soul he used to be. A smile blooms on his face as he rubs the back of your hand with his thumb. "Yeah, I will."