jungkook

based on actual happenings with my bff and i.

"So what?" Jungkook scoffs, throwing his hands up in disbelief. "You just don't find anyone at school cute?"

You nod to his correct accusation, fixing your hair up as yet another heavy breeze messes it up. He notices and laughs, trying his best to help smooth down your flyaways. You look up to see his own chocolate coloured hair getting messy in the wind but he doesn't seem to mind, the sparkle in his eyes and the smile permanently stuck on his face radiating a positive energy.

"I call bullshit," he declares, staring at you mischievously. "There's got to be someone you find attractive."

You shrug, looking up at the murky grey sky. A frown replaces the easy smile on your face; a sudden sadness for the loss of the sun. Jungkook continues to ramble on about guys as you ignore him.

"Y/N," he calls out, hand massaging your shoulder to gain your attention. You hum out in acknowledgment, looking up at his smiling face. "You cold?"

It's a simple question that can have a variation of answers.

You opt for a simple no, unable to hide the obvious lie behind it. Jungkook clicks his tongue in annoyance, throwing his backpack into your arms. You grunt at the impact, about to tell him off. Your words falter pathetically as you see him removing his jacket with a small smile.

"Here," he says, taking his bag off you and replacing it with the warm jacket. You mutter your thanks and take your own bag off, grinning when Jungkook grabs it off you. After the jacket is wrapped tightly around your tiny frame, you reclaim your bag.

"As I was saying," he continues as if that whole ordeal didn't just happen. You can only scoff quietly, subconsciously snuggling further into the warmth he left behind. His words fade into silence as you focus on the footpath in front of you.

As much as you love the adorable dork you call your best friend, he can sometimes be a tad bit annoying.

It's a silent walk back to your place as he realises that you are no longer interested in the conversation. It doesn't bug him though, he enjoys the silence even if he wishes you'd speak up. With a sigh, you turn on your heel, facing him with a grin.

"Thanks for walking me home, Kookie." You shyly mumble, shrugging his jacket off to pass it to him. He retrieves it, opening his arms out expectantly.

You blankly stare at him, blinking a couple of times in confusion. He huffs, stomping his foot on the concrete, waving his arms a little. You hesitantly walk forward, gasping when he engulfs you in a hug.

"See you tomorrow," he whispers into your hair, giving you a sweet smile before bouncing down the street.

You laugh to yourself, grinning as you lock the door and slide down it in a fit of giggles.