taehyung + yoongi - request

INKED

- a three way soulmate!au featuring our two adorable bubbas; requested by TaesWolfie

a/n: just so y'all know, this is 5800+ words!

Under a dove grey sky, the colours of his world don their winter coats, each hue darker and richer than before. The path in front of him sparkles and crunches, like sugar underfoot, and the coolness brings him right into the now, into the moment of life. Though the flowers sleep and the trees show their lofty arms once more, a smile plays upon his cold lips. For as much as he loves the summertime, he loves the winter too.

He watches his boots take steps over the frozen sidewalk, perfect concrete slabs, flat and square, and his gaze occasionally transfixing itself to the interplay of cloud and sun above. Soon, he finds himself distracted by the beauty above him, countless thoughts and questions leaving him to think deeply about all that he knows, getting caught up in the mystery that is his mind.

Only the slipping of his feet brings his attention earthward once more, the need to stay upright pulling his mind into the present. He chuckles at the near accident and adjusts his beanie, sticking his hands back into the warmth that his pockets provided before a glimmering sign catches his eye.

Furrowing his brows, he cautiously makes his way towards it, curious to see what's inside. He stops in front of the door, whimpering as he shoves his hands deeper into his pockets, eyes quickly scanning over a sign similar to the one hanging over the top of the store.

SERENDIPITY

take the chance

"Serendipity?" He whispers, blinking at the sign a few times before glancing in the shop to see a small gathering of people scattered around the place with warm looking cups of coffee and content smiles.

And while it looks as if everyone in there is enjoying some quality time with their soulmates, Taehyung allows his hand to press against the door as he enters, the people inside sparing him fleeting glances as he smiles to himself, heading confidently towards a table near the window.

He averts his eyes to the wonderful scenery outside, doing his very best to stop his eyes from trailing to the reflection of the couple sitting near him, sharing something that he so badly desires; love and affection.

His hand hovers over his collarbone for a few lingering seconds before flattening against the soft flesh, his fingertips brushing against the constellation etched delicately into his light coffee coloured skin; the brand of his destined soulmate.

Taehyung recalls being a young and naive boy, tracing over the intricate details of his mother's tattoo as she told him the story of how she met his late father. He could never get tired of hearing their initial denials of it being true before slowly but delicately falling in love with each other.

He'd spend nights staying up late to sketch out what he thought his tattoo would look like. From roses to simple lines, he thought of it all, always looking in the mirror to figure out just what part of his body they would look best on.

Eventually, his sixteenth birthday rolled around, the tired but determined boy sitting in nothing but his boxers in front of his mirror, continuously giving his body a once over as the time ticked closer and closer to midnight. His breath hitched in his throat once his watch read twelve, his mouth going dry at the sudden burn on his neck, getting on his knees as he leant in to take a closer look.