Ficlet #2

Prompted by thegoldsisters, "Perhaps back in the Academy when they were 110% being a couple and everyone noticed it but them?"

   Thank you all SO MUCH for 50.2k reads! That means a lot. When I started this book, I was in middle school. Now I'm in highschool and This book has grown with me. Thank you all so much for joining me on my fanfiction journey!!!

    -nightsisterkaris

--------- -:x:- ---------

    "Yeah, come on over. There's gonna be all the fun stuff, just make sure to bring your boyfriend too." Maria Hill laughed.

     Melinda quirked an eyebrow, "I don't have a boyfriend," she looked at Maria.

    "What? Yes you do! Coulson boy... Phil?" Maria frowned, "Wait, you two aren't.... oh."

    "Yeah, sorry." May shrugged, "Well, I'll be there, I just have some stuff to do until then."

-:x:-

     "Phil! I haven't seen you for a while, man." John Garret slapped the other cadet on the back, "I just got my paycheque, you wanna come out with me and the boys for a drink later?"

     "Sorry, Melinda and I already have plans." Phil apologized, turning down the offer.

     "Alright, well, I just wanted to let you know that Jasper has been hitting on your girlfriend in they gym... had to pull him aside and tell him off in your honor once or twice." Gharret said with his voice lowered.

   "What? Who? I don't have a girlfriend yet."

   "Funny joke, bro, but you're gonna have to remind Melinda what a knockout she is."  Gharret laughed loudly, and slapped Phil on the back again.

    "Melinda isn't my-"

    "Man, you can't keep the secret forever... you guys aren't really subtle, just to let you know." Gharret wheezed, still cracking up.

-:x:-

       "We aren't supposed to have men in the dorm!" Victoria Hand almost shrieked.

      "Vix, we both know its only bad if we get caught... it makes for nice training practice anyway." May hissed, a hand over the other girl's mouth.

    "Why is he here? You and Phil could get suspended!" Victoria warned.

    "We're making supper before we go out, you know we can't trust the food at parties anymore-" Melinda explained with a start.

    "-ever since the Science division got mad at us and everyone came home with glowing mouths-" Phil continued.

    "-And luckily I didn't eat any and was safe." May finished as they went into May's dorm room.

    "Well, have fun. You two are so cute together." Vix sighed, "Just keep it down, I don't need any running commentary, got it?" She giggled, and disappeared into her dorm room next to May's.

 -:x:-

      "Get in here, you two." Alexra Trame squealed. She was drunk. Leaning in to whisper to May, "Don't worry, That outfit of yours is perfect to keep Coulson boy from goin' home with anyone else but you."

    "What is it with that?"

    "Oh men are so hard, ya know? Gotta train them well."

    "What? Oh no, no." May shook her head.

    "Wait, are you cheating?" Alexra looked horrified.

    "No, I'm not cheating."

    "Wait, you're announcing?!?!" Alexra's mouth fell open, then she scrambled up on top of the furniture, looking over the huge crowd of partying cadets, "OH MY GOSH! EVERYONE LISTEN UP!  COULSON AND MAY ARE ANNOUNCING!!!" She shouted.

    "Crap." May huffed.