Escape this Prison that Holds us Back

So, this is going to be a Fic centered around the framework escape. I'm gonna tell it in Phil's POV, then switch to May's. I hope you enjoy!

     -nightsisterkaris

--------- -:x:- ---------

    (Phil's POV)

    Two bullets ripped through his stomach as he collapsed to the ground. The portal. He has to get to the backdoor. 

    The world spun in a dizzying cycle, and gunshots slammed their noise into the dark. Hands fell onto his abdomen, and May appeared in his vision. "This feels... Oddly familiar." He said.

    "Hang on. We'll get you patched up." May promised, deep consern lacing her words.

    "It's too late for that. Help me to the edge. It's the only way." He begged. He forced himself to ignore the pain radiating in tsunamis over him as he sat up. May's arms darted to help, holding him up as he limped to the edge.

    "SKYE!" May called to the inhuman.

    "On it!" Quakes pounded the portal again, opening it.

     He stood on the edge, his back to his way home. May held him up. Phil denied the fire dancing in his stomach as he looked at her. This woman whom he had felt immediately attached to somehow when they met.

    "Hey, come with me." He asked her.

    "How can you be sure it will work?" May looked at him with those beautiful eyes, searching for clarification.

    "I don't. I guess it'll be a leap of faith kind of thing." Phil told her.

    "Its not that simple for me." May could have meant a million different things, but Phil decided to focus on the now.

    "Yes it is. Just follow my lead." He smiled lightly before he leaned back, and became weightless, the world ends with May's fearful, emotional face.

    Darkness reigned until his memory rushed back, smacking him with everything he knew. His memories of his real parents. Jemma and Fitz, bickering in the lab. Ward and Trip and Linclon, faces they'd lost. Bobbi and Hunter and all their drama. Daisy, the daughter he and May never had. Oh God. May. Her smile. He focused on her as he gasped a breath, and opened his eyes. He didn't think about where he was, only that he looked to his right and there was May.

    He loved her.

    So much.

    Phil ripped the wires from him and disconnected from the simulator, stepping with bear feet to the floor. He gravitated to May, looking at her calm features. She almost seemed to be sleeping. He'd lost her for so long too. And now to see her...

   "Come on May. You can do it. Just jump." He pleaded. The woman he would trade the entire universe for stood straight and (as tall as she could) on the simulator. "Jump!" He called. He looked at her. She was so... Impossible. She was perfect to him and yet... How was she here,  this true phenomenon, as this amazing person? So impossibly... beautiful. Talented. Perfect. Loving.

    And she needed to wake up! 

    Because he loved her. 

    So very much.

    -:x:-

    (May's POV)

    She was falling.

     And the world she knew dissolved, leaving her with pictures of her life seared into her brain. 

     Then her real life's memories hit her like a brick wall. (Yes, she knows what that feels like)

     She gasped, pulling air into her unexercised lungs. 

    She first saw the light. Then she looked down. A smile came to her face as she looked down to him. Oh God.Phil Coulson. It had been a dream to wake up to him every morning. Once. But now she had shoved it aside. No more waiting. 

    She slid down the stand, his hands holding her up, sending shivers down her arms as he supported her. 

    She slipped a hand around his shoulder, holding Phil, pulling him closer with weak arms.

    "I followed you." She breathed. And I will always follow you, forever.

    "I'm amazed you went through. I was a little squirrelly on the other side." He joked, other hand beginning to tear off the wires and regulators from her skin. Melinda had kinda hoped for maybe something a little more loving, but it was wishful thinking.

     "It was kinda cute." She decided, wincing, feeling his hand tenitivly wrap around her waist as he lifted her up. 

    He held her so close, hugging her tight. Maybe a little more possessive then necessary, but Melinda was NOT gonna complain. 

    Phil eased her up into his arms holding her there for a few extra seconds, his nose buried in the crook of her neck as she slipped her other arm around his neck, letting him know she was comfortable.

    Her arm finally weakly slipped off him as he slowly, gently, lowered her to the ground,his hand on her knee. 

    Melinda looked around the room, knowing that he had sat down right beside her. They would both need some serious rest. (Melinda was perfectly fine with spending it near him) 

    They leaned back, trying to reorientate themselves. May kept them shoulder to shoulder, and he was so warm. 

    They both agreed on maybe an hour or more to rest up before exploring and figuring a way out. 

    May put her head on his shoulder as she breathed deep, and prompted him to set his arm around her, and he did. Melinda closed her eyes, feeling the closeness and the serious desire to get home. "When we get back to base, I'm moving in with you." She declared quietly.

    Phil nodded.

    "You okay?" He soflty asked.

    "I am now." 

     Phil soflty laughed. "So am I."