Heaven's curse

"Melinda? Melinda... Melinda. MELINDA!" Is all she can hear.

    "Hey Melinda, welcome home." Phil is leaning over her, laughing. Years worth of wear and tear and wrinkles are gone from his face. "I found you!" He grins.

    "Phil?" Melinda could feel his arms pulling her up out of the sand.

    "Hey May." Phil lifted her up. Sand fell away from her body, revealing smooth, unscarred skin and easy muscles. She's back at her prime.

     Standing slowly, Melinda's hands leap to her stomach, but there is no pain. "I- I thought I was stabbed..." she said.

    "You were." Phil tells her, but here, there is no pain."

    "But..."

    "Bahrain won't even give you nightmares." Phil said, "you have what you deserve."

     "Phil. I can't do this. This is not what I deserve!" Melinda waves her hand in reference to the scenery around them; sandy beach and palm trees.

     "Melinda..." he pulled his hand up to tip up her jaw, "you deserve the world."

    He kissed her lightly, "I was both sad and happy when I felt the pull to the ocean." He said, "I knew you were coming."

    "How..." She stutters.

    "That is how things are here." He says, "my mother uncovered me from the sand before she went back to my dad, and now I'm here to uncover you." He paused, "and hopefully, a very long time from now, we'll uncover a Daisy who has lived her life."

     "What?"

     "Fitzsimmons' eitherworld will probably be Scotland, but you are where your heart is." Phil told Melinda, his face inches from hers, "you are with me, love."

     Melinda bubbles with something she hasn't known for a year, laughter.

    "That's better" he laughed with her, "we have the world now." He says, "we have this section to ourselves, we have bright days and starry nights... we can even have a baby." Phil says, and Melinda's mind races.

    Phil looks down and sees the question in her eyes, "not actually, but all aborted babies end up somewhere." He smiled sadly, "if you want..."

     "Of course." Melinda laughs again.

     Phil seems delighted with her agreement, "our cabin is over the hill, and I have breakfast ready for you, even though we will never really need to eat."

    "I know one thing I need," Melinda takes a deep breath against his chest, "you."

    As they turned together toward the line of palm trees, Melinda gripped him with all her might.

    They walked over the sand leaving a soft trail of footprints, and as Melinda walked, it got harder to lift her feet from the sand.

     "Phil!?!" She gasped when her feet sank further, "Phil!"

    "Melinda!" He grabbed her arms, "no!" He said, "I just got you back!"

     "What's happening!?!" Melinda panicked.

     "They're trying to revive you. Jemma's bringing you back." Phil said as the sand slowly consumed her.

     "I want to stay! I want to-" Melinda was cut off with a chaste kiss from a kneeling Phil. "It'll be alright." He promised, "I'll be here when you return."

    "I just wanted to see you again." Are the last words she says before darkness consumes her, and a harsh white blur is poking at her eyes. Jemma's voice filters in a smudge of cold sound,

    "She'll be fine."