It's a magical place with you at my side. Part 2

*Warning, Infinity War spoilers*

     "We got Fitz. And he has a way to save Coulson."

     May read the text over and over. How? What? When? They might save him. The team might save Phil. He could be saved. They could have a future, together. They could leave S.H.I.E.L.D. for real, be together, they could visit Tahiti as a vacation, not as a hospice destination. They could grow old together, watch their team settle down, heck, maybe even get married. But would Phil agree?

     Phil Coulson, the love of her life, was dying, getting weaker everyday. He had accepted death, sacrificed his only known solution to save Earth, refused any help, and now there was another way. May had tried to save him. She had smashed the Odinium to leave the "save Phil" option, the only option. (At the time)

     And here she was, sitting in a hammock beside him while he dozed in the warm sunlight, his arm around her. Her head had been resting on his chest, and if Daisy had seen them, she would have made one of her 'cute couples that have been married for a long time' comments. 

     May stared at the text on more time, and gently shook him awake. "Phil." She whispered. No response. "Phil!" She repeated. Still no response. "PHIL!" She said again. "Phillip J. Coulson I swear, don't leave me. Not yet..." she freaked, and checked his wrist.

    There was a pulse. May let out the breath that she didn't know she had been holding. "Phil." She said a fourth time, this time in his ear. "Hmmm? What Mel?" He blinked. May guessed that he must have seen her face, because he asked, "did I pass out again?" May nodded. 

     "It's so nice here..." he said. "I wish we could stay forever..." he mumbled.

     "We can." May blurted out. 

     That woke him up. "Come again?"

     "I got a message from Simmons." She said. "They got Fitz back, and he has a way to save you." She softly explained.

     "What's he gunna do? Stick us into a freezer and wait for a futuristic world were medicine is really advanced? Cause I thought we were gunna let nature take its course."

     "If everything was natural, Loki never would have killed you, or come in the first place." She responded. 

     "Nor would we be together, Daisy wouldn't exist, and Steve Rogers wouldn't be Captain America." He said.

     "No, but we never would have had all our adventures." She reminded him. "So just hear me out, please."

    "Then what?" He asked.

    "I don't know. Read the message yourself." She told him, handing Phil the phone. 

    "I'm glad Fitz is back but-"

     Standing up, May interrupted him with a lecture about how she had fought to long for this, how she had made her opinions clear, and told him she smashed the Odinium for a reason. And in that speach, she included a few words that she would never repeat around the team.

     "- and I will drag you back unconscious if I have to. Have I made myself clear?!?" She asked. 

     "Are you giving me an order?"

     "Yes, and I will order you if,- Phil! This is not the time to kiss!" She realized his joke. "That's not funny!" She grabbed her phone. "I'm calling Simmons, right now. They're gonna come get us with the Zephyr." She declared.