I'm "Falling" in love with you

Thank you, AnayaForever for editing!

     -nightsisterkaris

--------- -:x:- ---------

    Melinda knew that they shouldn't have boarded this stupid plane.

   Now she and Phil are forty thousand feet in the air with no backup plan, a bomb, and a crazy stupid amount of HYDRA killer robots. Phil was the one who dragged her along to change the ground zero point plans for the missile, and now the stupid bomb plane had taken off with them in it.

    Really, it's his fault that she's hanging on for dear life with the back of the plane open, sucking the two agents with relentless vigor toward the clouds.

   "I thought you said that you knew what you were doing!" Melinda screamed above the noise, trying to climb back up.

   "So did I!" Phil screeched back.

   Finally, Melinda managed to grab what she had been trying to get. The emergency parachute.

   Strapping it on with one hand, Melinda was pushing her odds, somehow just barely being able to secure it in place. "Phil!" She yelled. "Take my hand!"

   "What the- no way!"

   "This plane is gonna blow up if we're in it or not! Get over here so I can strap you in!" Melinda threatened, "Or you'll end up going out in the bang!"

    "Or become a smudge on the Arizona desert!"

    "Or possibly live if you trust me!" Melinda watched as he cautiously made his way over, obeying, finally he faced her. Wrapping the ropes around the two of them, Phil and Melinda worked perfectly with only one hand each, each one's free hand working with the other's to tie the complex knots. "Perfect! that should hold!" Melinda declared once he was securely held in place. "On three, let go!"

   "Heck no!"

   "I'm letting go and there's nothing you can do to stop me!" Melinda told him. She could barely make out his grumble over the wind and the free air dragging Melinda's hair into her eyes. "One! Two! Three!"

   And they let go.

    The jolt of being thrust into the Californian sky and rolling and turning with an equally panicking person strapped to you was definitely not on Melinda's list of things she did for fun.

     Pulling on the parachute's string, Melinda waited for the saving fabric to unfold. 

   Nothing.

   "Melinda! Now might be a good time to-" Phil yelled. 

    Trying again, Melinda finally got the pack to burst open, but it didn't unfurl. With horror, Melinda and Phil both realized that the parachute was a really old before-WW2-styled parachute, that had mildew holes in the Japanese silk.

   Now they just had a colorful flag streaming behind them.

   Melinda and Phil also both realized that they were falling to their deaths.

   "Melinda!" Phil twisted, even though they were facing each other. "I never told you I loved you!"

   "Bad timing, idiot! -Wait, WHAT?!?" Melinda leaned back, staring at him even as the rushing air dried her eyes.

    "I love you, Melinda!" Phil repeated, the wind tearing at his words.

    "Than it's a really good thing that I love you back, or this would be really awkward!" Melinda replied without a thought. 

   "I'm falling in love with you!"

   "No time for puns, Phil!" Melinda reached, took his face in his hands as the ground got closer every millisecond. She kissed him hard, waiting for the life-ending impact.

    It never came. 

   They were still experiencing the terrorizing rush of air, the feeling of weightlessness. "Shouldn't we have-" Phil pulled away, neither opening their eyes and he never finished, going back for more.

     "If throwing you out the back of a plane makes you two snog like teenagers, we should have done it sooner!!!" The unexpected (and unwelcome) voice of Lance Hunter interrupted them.

   The two older agents opened their eyes to see that they were hovering only twelve feet above the ground, held aloft by a smirking Daisy's quakes.

   "Put us down!" Phil said, breathing hard. Melinda could feel his heart pounding in his chest. She was trying to slow down herself as well. 

    Daisy lowered them, the crappy parachute fluttering to the ground behind them. Daisy tossed May a knife, and the specialist cut Phil and herself free. "Don't worry, look up." Daisy smiled, and the four agents watched the plane explode with a twinkle in the clouds. Mission accomplished.

   "Oh just wait until we tell the others!" Hunter laughed.

   "You won't be telling anyone anything." Melinda leveled the knife in his direction, and Hunter gulped.

   "Yes ma'am." He mumbled. Daisy laughed and turned away, pulling along Hunter behind her.

   "I meant what I said." Phil told Melinda from behind her.

   "I know." Melinda responded with a smile. "We will address this in my bunk later. Seven o'clock, don't be late."

   "Wouldn't miss it for the world."

--------- -:x:- ---------

    "Philinda is falling from a long way up and they hug each other and confess as they're falling through the air and about to die and it's beautiful and then they possibly get saved I don't know (loosely based on the scene in House of Hades where Annabeth and Percy are falling, and also that scene where Luke Skywalker falls down that shaft in Empire Strikes Back)"

-crazychickinacorner