Only you can dance with me

Hiya Guys! 

   (I need ideas for chapters pls, 'cause I might end up going on hiatus myself, lol) And this story has been sitting in my drafts for like, FOREVER.

   THIS IS A DRABBLE! There is no plot, and the story is loosely tied to the song quote below, the picture, or the title, lol.   😊

   -nightsisterkaris

--------- -:x:- ---------

'There's a lot of people in the crowd, but only you can dance with me'

-Liam Payne

-:x:-

(Coulson's POV)

    They had saved the universe. Shuri had healed Phil, and Thanos, the mad titan, had been defeated. With the snap reversed, Planet Earth alongside of millions of others celebrated the return of half of all living conscious things. 

    Tony Stark was throwing a massive party at Stark tower, Inviting the entirety of SHIELD, the Avengers, and the Asgardian survivors. The roof of the tower, usually used for testing Iron man prototypes and landing Quinjets, was decked out with fairy lights, tables and chairs as Tony and Pepper Stark welcomed in their now shared name.

   Asgardians and Humans alike laughed and Danced, drank and smiled, cheered and cried as they all celebrated the saving of the universe.

   "Phillip Coulson!" Steve Rodgers clapped the agent on the back. 

   "Ah yes, son of Coul!" Thor slung his arm over Phil's shoulder, taking a large swig of beer.

   "Who have you been trying to make eye contact with all night?" Steve asked, trying to pick out who he thought Coulson was pining after.

    "Well..." Phil took a breath.

   "Is the cellist here?" Tony appeared.

   "No, Audrey still thinks I'm dead." Coulson answered. "And Fury told me that they checked in on her, and she got married three years ago." 

   "Stalker." Tony snorted.

   "Its actually May." Phil admitted.

   Tony blew beer out of his mouth. "WHAT?"

   "Yeah. Agent May?" Phil looked at the billionaire.

   "I thought you were talkin' about Peter's aunt, and I was getting a little worried, 'cause Happy has already claimed her." Tony told them. 

   Silence settled between the four men. "Why don't you talk to her?" Thor asked.

   Phil sighed. "I'm afraid she's mad at me."

   "Why?" Tony asked. Phil bit his lip. "Well, spill it man."

    "I was dying." Phil started. "And we were in Tahiti, but I kept telling her that I didn't want her to save me." Phil told them. "Then while we were there, I was unconscious for several days, and didn't die. So May called a favor from Natasha, who called Shuri."

   "So May's mad at you how....?" Steve scrunched his eyebrows together.

   "She thinks I'm mad at her for having Shuri save me." Phil explained, and the second he said it out-loud, he realized how stupid his reasoning was.