Go Ahead and Dance my Worries Away...

"otp dancing while 'Thinking out loud' plays. They can't get the music off. It's 3am" Basic prompt from crazychickinacorner.

    Honestly I've been dying for an excuse to overuse this pic above BECAUSE IT IS THE SOFTEST **** I HAVE EVER SEEN.

--------- -:x:- --------

    "This is what the kids listen to these days?" Melinda yawned as she came into Phil's office, glancing down at his phone on the desk. Phil was staring at the data on the walls, hoping for a theory that would piece it all together.

   "Someone named 'Ed Sheeran'." Phil told her, turning around to look at Melinda with a shrug. "Daisy had a picture of him, horrified that I'd never heard his music. . ."

    "Oh really?" Melinda leaned on the doorway with a smile and comfortably crossed arms.

    "Cute face, better music." Phil smirks.

    The first song ended, and the first few strings of another began. 'When your legs don't work like they used to before. . .'

     Melinda scoffed, "Sounds like you when you're drunk. You don't walk as well as you think." Melinda rolled her eyes, pushing her shoulder into the doorframe to boost herself up and coming closer.

'And darling I will be loving you 'til we're 70
And baby my heart could still fall as hard at 23
And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe just the touch of a hand
Oh me I fall in love with you every single day
And I just wanna tell you I am'

   "There have to be weirder stories then ours." Phil said, standing.

   "I don't know. . ." Melinda rose her arms slightly, "I mean, superpowers, Luke Skywalker hands, mythical beings, monster Ex's. . ."

    Phil shook his head, offering his hand. Confused, May took it. Phil pulled her forward, spinning her.

   "Phiiiiiiilllllll. . ." Melinda sighed, resisting the dance. Pulling away, she reached for his Phone, which stood upright against the wall on the back of the shelf. Instead of taking the device, Melinda managed to knock it back and they heard it slide down and to an unreachable crevice.

    "The phone has spoken. It was meant to be." Phil grinned, offering his hand as his eyebrows went up with a challenge. The worst thing she could do was say No.

    Melinda let out a Groan with a side of eye roll, and she took his hand, spinning into his embrace.  Melinda stepped beside him, taking each move in slow motion.

'When my hair's all but gone and my memory fades
And the crowds don't remember my name
When my hands don't play the strings the same way, mm
I know you will still love me the same'

    Phil hugged her tighter, swaying to the music, Melinda resisted the small smile and she grabbed his hand. "Happy now?"

    "Couldn't have it any better." Phil grinned.

'But baby now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
That maybe we found love right where we are, oh'

   "Alright, that's enough." Melinda smiled. "Like the song?"

    Phil just looked at her and softly said, "Yeah. Yeah I did."

    Rolling her eyes, Melinda shook her head, "Goodnight, you dork."

    "Your dork." Phil bit his lip.

     "What?" May turned around, standing with one eyebrow raised in question.

     "You heard right." Phil shrugged. "But you need to get my phone back tomorrow." He laughed.

     "I plan on it."