89. [What could be♡]

Start from the beginning

Sometimes, she hated herself for trusting him. Ava felt like a hypocrite for saying one thing and making a complete joke out of it when her actions didn't match. Even after the pain, humiliation and the circumstances, Ava still had a soft spot for Jordan. Upon seeing his eyes again, she felt like she had found something she had been missing all the previous years. Upon feeling his skin, she knew hers recognized it. Upon feeling his lips, she knew her walls were weakened. She didn't want to imagine what would happen to her if they made love. The thought scared her beyond belief.

When they finally reached his car parked a few blocks away, their clothes were already damp. Jordan opened the passenger's side and then closed it after. He then got into the driver's seat and locked the doors. The rain had worsened and all they could hear were hard droplets hitting the rooftop of his car. Jordan placed the keys into the ignition and started the car. "No, wait-" Ava said as he was about to pull out of the parking spot. "What?-" He questioned. "Isn't it too dangerous to drive?" she asked. "Yeah, but you want to go home don't you?". "Yeah, but I want to get there alive" she answered. "We're going to be stuck here for a while-" Jordan told her as he turned off the car. "It's fine" she assured.

Silence invaded the internal space of the car as the sound of heavy rain filled their ears. Ava's phone was only about 49% and she still had to text Gracie about something. She decided to turn it off for now and placed it back inside her bag. She refused to share any kind of eye contact with him. But Jordan didn't want to spend the next hour or so not speaking. "We should at least go somewhere to stay and wait for the rain to die down". "No, thanks-, I don't want to have more pictures of me and you floating around in the media" she spoke half bitterly. "We can't stay in this car all night" he argued. "I can" she assured in a stubborn manner. "Yeah but if you need to use the bathroom, I'm pretty sure you won't do well with crouching down in front of those bushes over there" he joked and she gasped. "Look-, there's a hotel nearby and inside that hotel, there's a restaurant, I can get us a private table" he explained. "A hotel?-" she repeated, "a hotel has a lot of people". "Just trust me-, I know Boston like the back of my hand" Jordan assured.

"Private table please" Jordan requested to the host as they waited to be seated. "Certainly-, right this way-" said the older gentleman in semi-elegant clothing. They received a few glances from the people already seated. Ava swallowed a few lumps in her throat from now nerve-wracking this felt. She knew she shouldn't be here but accepted the circumstances that led to this. The host sat them at a small booth seated at the end of the room where the windows have tinted a shade of black. "Can I start you guys off with any champagne, Whiskey or anything?" The host asked. " No alcohol for me thanks-"Jordan answered proudly. "Me neither" Ava added and he looked at her. "Just 2 cokes with light ice please-" Jordan said and she agreed. "Gotcha-, be right back" responded the older man as he walked away.

"You don't drink either?" Jordan initiated conversation. "No-, I never drank" Ava admitted.

"Liar-" Jordan teased and she gave him a weird look. "What do you mean?". "You did drink-"he said. "When?" Ava asked as she shook her head. "The night of your 21st birthday" he recalled.

*Flashback*

"Happy birthday baby" Jordan spoke in a gentle voice. "Thanks, Jordan," Ava said before softly clinking her flute against his. Bringing the glass back to her mouth, she took a small sip. Her eyes closed for a moment to savor this new sweet yet fizzy delight. "Oh my gosh, the bubbles tickle my nose" she pointed out and chuckled.