Task Seven: The Flood /SF

"For after seven days  and I will cause it to rain on the earth forty days and forty nights,  and I will destroy the face of the earth all living things that I have  made." ~ Genesis, 7:4

The guilty and the  corrupt stand amidst the bodies of the now-chaste, redeemed by death.  Their surroundings are in no way beautiful, no way paradise-like, now  resembling purgatory far more than any place that would be a reward for  their behaviours. They have been ravaged by the plagues for a week now,  but, finally freed of their sufferings, they look towards the skies,  anxious to see the three no longer amongst their midst.

Jace Argentaria, Avner Emerson, Amity Fleeden.

Nobody bothers to look  away from the skies anymore, even as the last face fades away from the  skies; there's nothing better, nothing less destroyed. But, coming from  the skies, rain pitter-pattering everywhere, are looks completely  focused on them. Looks filled with disgust.

"None of them deserve to  live," mutters Vienna, her face pinched forwards as if her tributes  were a bad smell. "The things they have done are inhuman."

"We're the ones who made  them do so," replies Cicero, his hand firmly placed on her shoulder.  "Besides, there needs to be a victor. Perhaps if we drive them all to  near-death, the public will warm up to them once more."

"Perhaps," says Vienna. "I suppose we ought to start as soon as possible, then."

And the rain continues to pour.

--------------------------

THE TASK:

- This is what has  become almost a tradition in semifinals: the song task. All of you have  been assigned a song below on which you need to base your entry. This  and enduring the flood (you do have makeshift rafts of wood at your  disposition, located at the cornucopia) are the only things that  absolutely need to feature in your entry. You have full creative control  of everything else.

- DEATHS: None. Two of you will be awarded byes based on your entries this task. The others will be up for votes, with three leaving us.

- WORD LIMIT: 2,000

- DUE DATE: Monday, April 6th at 10 PM BST.

------------------------

Congratulations to the seven of you! (And here are your song assignments):

District Four, Selene Albright (TheDarkHorse) - Lifeboat ~ Heathers
District Five, Vivienne Bright (theravensdiadem) - The Kids Aren't Alright ~ Fall Out Boy
District Ten, Dove Evans (Clove_Thenardier) - Almost There ~ Princess and the Frog
District Eleven, Hettie Burris (MagmaKepner) - That's Life ~ Frank Sinatra
District Twelve, Egan Agni (MagmaKepner) - Imagine ~ John Lennon
District Thirteen. Ashley Fission (katniss-everdeen) - On My Own ~ Les Misérables
Capitol, Anna Smith (Learning_to_Breathe) - Centuries ~ Fall Out Boy