Task One: The Decision

Across the entirety of  Panem, the Reapings are going on. Entire families sit in pens, just  waiting to learn their fate. Small children, barely even old enough to  be in school, hang onto their mother's best dresses, weeping in terror.  Parents hold their children, doing their unsuccessful best to calm them  and their fears. The elderly stand hunched, their faces worn and tired.  Careers groan, knowing they now have to compete with their trainers for  spots. Across all the different reactions, there is but one thought that  seems nearly unanimous.

This isn't fair.

All around Panem,  escorts take the stage. Cameras whir to life, buzzing with the  electricity required to operate them. Outside the Reapings, everything  is halted; everybody is present. Everywhere, names are being drawn from  bowls - one for families with male members, one for families with  females. Some families volunteer. Now, however, there is still one more  thing that needs doing.

It's time to decide.

------------------------

THE TASK:

- After the Reaping  (which you don't need to write, but can if you wish) your family is  taken to the Justice Buildings. Normally this is a place used to say  your goodbyes; now, it is where the discussion and decision regarding  who will be entering the arena takes place. Write this  discussion/decision.

- KILLS: None. This task is just to decide who is sponsored and your scores. Like in Masquerade of Martyrs, you will receive notes on your performance this task.

- WORD LIMIT:  1,250 words. This is one of the smaller limits you will be given, but  you will be given them each task. This, believe it or not, is to help  you stay concise and keep the quality of your writing.

- DUE DATE: Sunday, February 22nd at 10 PM GMT.