Task Four: The Brother

"Then the Lord said to Cain, "Where is your brother Abel?"

"I don't know," he replied. "Am I my brother's keeper?"" ~ Genesis 4: 9

The sky tonight is black  and completely devoid of starlight. Tonight is a night of mourning for  those too naive to doubt things around them. In the night, the paradisal  garden around the tributes has become dark and deadly - a reminder of  the Games around them. As the anthem rings, heads turn towards the sky.

Howl Labyrine, Winchester Rifle II, Cassidy Boulton, Asoka Ehnn.

As Asoka's face vanishes  from the skies, dawn begins to break. It is too late for sleep now;  soon, this sabbatical will end and the tributes will be faced with the  newest horror. That's their reality now.

In the Gamemaker suite,  everyone is filled with an uncomfortable sort of silence. Though it is  their job, not one of them is pleased with what they're doing - even  Vienna is unsure as to whether or not she may have pushed things too  far.

"I don't think I'd be able to do this," says Cicero, his hand instinctively reaching towards his mother's.

"Me neither, son; but it isn't our job to do so. It's theirs."

-----------------------

THE TASK:

- Well, now that only  sixteen of you remain, it's time to make things fun. And by fun, I mean  emotionally scarring for your characters. Each of you have had a loved  one assigned to you who will be awaiting you for some one-on-one catch  up. But it's not quite that simple...

One of the two must die.  You can choose which one, and so if you'd rather write with the other,  now's the perfect time to switch up. This is the only time this sort of  option will be available to you, and you will not be penalized or  rewarded either way you decide. Your loved one assignments will be  stated below.

- WORD LIMIT: 1,750. (2,000 for seeded players.

- KILLS: Two ballot deaths. Six of you will be up for votes, with four leaving us.

- DUE DATE: Monday, March 16th at 9 PM GMT/5 PM EDT.

----------------------

The remaining tributes/their assignments:

District One, Virgo Alizé [1] - Jace Argentaria

District Two, Damaris Sultari - Blythe Sultari

District Three, Fidelis Teague [3] - Septimus Teague

District Three, Tesla Slater - Niro (Last name unknown)

District Four, Selene Albright [5] - Calypso Albright

District Five, Avner Emerson - Soleil Emerson

District Five, Vivienne Bright - Mercury (Last name unknown)

District Nine, Bran Hallis - Sandra Hallis

District Nine, Eilidh Fleeden - Amity Fleeden

District Ten, Dove Evans [6] - Talon Evans

District Eleven, Hettie Burris [4] - Esther Graham

District Twelve, Egan Agni [4] - Marietta Agni

District Twelve, Anita Lear - Maxwell Lear

District Thirteen, Aries Fission [2] - Ashley Fission

District Thirteen, Elemenope Hastings - Scalerius Hastings

Capitol, Judas Silver - Anna Smith