Task Six: Begin Again (QF)

Overnight, as the ten  remaining are locked out of the Tomb Room, there are changes occurring  within it. The ground all through the cavern is rumbling, though there  is no sign of another cave-in. All of them nurse various wounds,  something which has caught Vienna's scornful eye.

"Look at them, Cicero. Beaten and bloody. Shaking. Young. Do any of them look like victors to you?"

"Yes. They've endured. What else could you want?"

"Strength."

Cicero sighs. "Well, those who survive today will have more than enough."

The faces of the  deceased flash across the cavern's sky. Of the fourteen who were alive  when the cave-ins started, only ten remain.

Calder Sertori, Ryena Brown, Kase Dressel, Scorpio Ramsey.

The stone rises from the  tunnel it blocks, clearing access to the Tomb Room. Inside it rests a  table, covered in ten different items. Each remaining tribute looks at  it. And in their hearts they know that there will be blood.

--------------------------

THE TASK:

- This is a relatively  simple task, once again a classic to Games: the feast. However, you may  have noticed that there are only ten different items rather than the  fully restocked Cornucopia. That is because each tribute only has one  item - however, unlike in the actual Hunger Games book, this is not  necessarily something crucial to the tribute but something chosen by  their loved ones. What this is up to you.

- All of you are  brilliant writers, and so I need to test you further. This task is  designed to test how you balance the physical aspect of a feast and the  emotional aspect of the item. This is a key point to the way you will be  judged this task.

- Deaths:  If you thought last task was hard, you're in for a treat: half of you  will die this task, with seven going up for votes. There must be three  entry deaths and three ballots. Death counts will be halved.

- Word Limit: 1,750 words.

- Due: Monday, January 19th at 10 PM GMT.

I hate to be cheesy but  you're all so great and I've seen so much improvement from you guys, and  quite frankly I'm getting a little emotional because I never would've  expected a top ten this great for my first Games back. I'd be glad to  have any one of you win and this is a Quarterfinals I would be proud to  be a part of. Good going.