District One Male: Cartier Graff

Name: Cartier Graff

Age: 18

District: 1

Physical Description:  Cartier has the build of an acrobat. While he may not be tall and  thick, his physicality is cut and trim while his small height makes him  less conspicuous in a crowd. He is thinner, in preparation for the  starvation that is almost guaranteed in the games.

His hair is  (unnaturally, shh) an ashy blonde undercut with the long hairs on top  combed back. His face is small, with a square jaw, hidden cheekbones and  a slightly crooked nose. His eyes are a cognac colour behind thick  lashes. His skin has a caramel hue to it, and he is clean shaven.

Personality:  Cartier likes to taunt. He feels superior even to the other careers,  and especially to the other districts. In his eyes, he is already the  winner. He is very dedicated (especially to himself) and is very good at  foraging false alliances.

He's a very social person in the sense that he loves to talk (even if it's more at people than with people)

More than anything he is  determined to win, and at any cost. They could ask him to kill his own  mother and he'd do it with a smile.

Background:  The son of a Jeweler and a Furrier, Cartier always considered himself a  diamond cut above the rest. From a young age he knew he would win the  Hunger Games. He spent his whole life studying the failures of others so  as not to replicate their mistakes.

He fasted to prepare for  starvation, he would sit in the deepest simulated colds and scorching  heats. He honed his skills in agility and speed, focused on survival and  overall elimination of his competitors.

Far from the stoic and  unapproachable, Cartier made as many friends as he could growing up.  Most of the he despised with a passion. However, they suited his needs  until they were no longer needed.

Reaped/ Volunteered: Volunteered, naturally

Reaction/Reason:  He stood proudly at the Reaping, and stepped forward as though it was  as natural as breathing. A charming smile decorated his face, confidence  gleaming from every pore.

Strengths: Speed, agility, strategy

Weaknesses: Large amounts of physical strength, loyalty issues

Weapon: Bo staff

Token: A feather from a Jabberjay, hung around his neck.