Rankings

Well, after the heart  attack you and my phone have given me, these Games have finally come to  an end. And I really don't want to end these Games, but I can't wait for  one of you to become the victor, even if it means the other two die.

Much cri.

In third place:

Capitol, Annalise Lutz - jujukingofearth

Having scored an eleven  on the first task and receiving a bye to finals, Annalise was a threat  from the very start despite never having competed in a past Games of  mine. As soon as the form came in and I saw who this character was based  off of, my interest peaked. Whether her entries had me crying on a  public bus about unicorns or laughing alone in my room about Sex-God or  cussing about how tricky they were to format, nobody can deny that they  were strong. However, it appears that the interesting modernist style of  her entries didn't quite bring her to the end. Which brings us to the  announcement of our second place contender...

In second place:

District Seven, Esmerelda Mae -  katniss-everdeen

This author is the only  one of our three finalists to have set up the reputation of being a  strong author in my past Games, particularly so with twelve year-old  characters like Essie. This, mixed with her perfect score on the first  task, was more than enough to mark her as a strong competitor from the  very start, despite a few bumpy tasks caused by procrastination and a  busy schedule. It was a pleasure to fall in love with Essie at the same  time as her own author did - or, amusingly enough, even before her  author - and it's an honour to give her second place.

In first place:

District One, Jamilla Argentaria - SilverAndGoldfish

Not unlike many Careers,  Jamilla's author signed up to prove just what she could do. Having  improved greatly since the last Games of mine that she entered, she  quickly managed to snag an eleven on her first task and woo me into  sponsoring her, even managing to be the tribute with the highest score  (not counting kills, which she really racked up) entering semifinals.  Despite a few close calls with voting in quarterfinals and semifinals,  as well as incredibly tight finals where everyone was in a tie half the  time, Jamilla did manage to come out on top, and it's my great joy to  name her victor of Masquerade of Martyrs!

Now, I hate to be gushy  and everything, but thank you all for entering/supporting MoM, and I  really do hope to see you all come back for Family Ties this coming  Sunday. I couldn't have hoped for a better bunch!