Task Seven: Songs For A Better World (SF)

The arena is a tattered,  bloody mess. Multiple caverns have crumbled to bits, leaving only piles  of rocks at many places. The five remaining tributes are scattered  throughout the arena, each one of them the same goal in mind: survival.  Victory. The two are one of the same, but only one thing regarding them  is certain. The faces who currently decorate the sky will not achieve  them.

Cartier Graff, Kimiko Zhen, Delta Emerson, Lennox Riolu, Yuna Alvarez.

"I think," says Vienna, her sharp eye scanning over the arena, "we ought to reward them for making it this far."

"And how do you suggest we do that?"

As she scrolls through  the inventory, Vienna lets out a loud sort of hum. Eventually, however,  she looks away from the screen and back to her son, a self-satisfied  sort of smirk on her face.

"The hallucination gas. Do you still have it?"

Cicero nods. "But isn't that usually used to frighten them?"

"Ah! Not always..."

----------------------------

THE TASK:

- This is, as you may  have guessed, the song task. With the songs below, you need to write a  hallucination lived by your tribute. However, it's not quite that  simple: despite the fact that each of your songs is sad, be it in  melody, lyric, or both, this hallucination must be happy. And I assure  you it is indeed possible; I have ideas I'll be glad to discuss with  each of you if you wish..

VOTING: I will give one bye to the entry that most wows me. The rest of you will be up for votes. Two of those four will survive.

WORD LIMIT: 2,000 words.

DUE DATE:  Monday, January 26th at 10 PM GMT. However, if you hand in by Friday  (including Friday) I'll send you back notes on how to improve your  entry.

SONGS:

District One, Jamilla Argentaria (SilverAndGoldfish) - I Will Never Leave You ~ Side Show
District Seven, Esmerelda Mae (katniss-everdeen) - Mama Who Bore Me ~ Spring Awakening
District Twelve, Orion Osmont (TheDarkHorse) - In All My Dreams I Drown ~ The Devil's Carnival
District Twelve, Hester Irving (MagmaKepner) - Maybe This Time ~ Cabaret
Capitol, Annalise Lutz (jujukingofearth) - Ireland ~ Legally Blonde