From Anonymous (Greyhero)

Charles Greywolf and Roel van Helden liked each other. That wasn't out of the ordinary; in fact, they would probably be expected to like each other since they were bandmates. But they liked each other so much more than either of them let on. Neither one knew how the other felt, since neither of them showed how they felt so the other one could see.  

 However, there was one person who did notice: Falk Maria Schlegel, another one of their bandmates. All it took was a few observations for Falk to realize that his friends had feelings for each other and were choosing to do nothing at all about it. He didn't know for certain that that was what was going on, but he had a hunch about it and was fairly certain he was right. And since he was fairly certain he was right, Falk felt he ought to do something to help them out, which got him thinking. 

~~~~~~ 

 "So, what do you think?" Falk asked. 

 Both Atilla Dorn and Matthew Greywolf stared at him, and then glanced at each other. Falk knew those looks: they either thought he was overreacting or he was making this all up. 

 "I'm serious, guys," he said. "Have you not seen any of the looks they give each other? I can't be the only one who sees it." 

 "Falk, that doesn't mean that's what going on," Attila pointed out. "It could have been nothing." 

 "Do you really think that's what it is?" Matthew asked Falk. 

 "Yes, I do," Falk answered. "And since neither of them are bothering to do anything about it, I think I should do something." 

 "And you think setting them up on a date is the way to go?" Matthew asked. 

 "Well, why not? Here." Falk took a pen that was sitting on the table, and reached for a notepad. "I can write notes, and they'll know where to meet up with each other." 

 "Couldn't they tell if it's your handwriting on the notes?" Attila asked as Falk began to write. 

 "No, not if I print it carefully so it doesn't look like mine," Falk answered. "And they're going to be anonymous. Neither of them will know where these came from." 

 "Right. Well, if they find it was you, we're denying having anything to do with it," said Matthew. 

 Falk looked up at him. "Well, some friends you two are!" 

~~~~~~

 Charles walked into the diner with no idea what to expect. He'd received an anonymous note from someone telling him to meet them there. He had no idea who it was that sent it to him. He'd showed it to Matthew, who offered to go with him in case it was trouble, but Charles turned him down, deciding to go on his own. 

 He was surprised to Roel was there, sitting at a table by the front window. He waved at Charles, and stood when he walked over. 

 "I've got the weirdest story to tell you," Roel began. He held up a piece of paper. "I got this-" 

 "Is it an anonymous note from someone telling you to meet them here?" Charles asked. 

 Roel raised his eyebrows. "Did you send it?"

 "No. I got one, too." Charles paused to think. "Do you think it's the other guys messing with us or something?" 

 Roel shrugged. "I don't know. I guess it could be. Well...we're here, anyway. We may as well get something to eat while we are." 

 "Oh. Yeah, I guess we should." Charles sat down opposite Roel, wondering if this could lead where he hoped it would. 

~~~~~~ 

 "Honestly, I think I did pretty good," Falk remarked as he walked down the sidewalk with Attila and Matthew. 

 "But we don't know yet if it's going to work," Matthew pointed out. 

 "It might not have worked yet, but there's the possibility it's going to work," Falk explained. "That's the whole point. I think there's a good chance it's going to work out in their favor. Therefore, I did good." 

 Attila sighed. "Yeah, you're a real evil mastermind, Falk." 

 Falk just smiled to himself. If Charles and Roel really did have feelings for each other, he genuinely helped his push would get them going in the right direction.