Steal Away (Danlissa)

The night was cool, now that the almost unbearable heat from that day's sun was gone. It was a perfect night to go out for a walk or a drive, and someone did seem to have that idea already.

 A car went rolling down the road with two people in it, a couple who were glad to have time alone, time to themselves.

 "So, where are you taking me?" Alissa asked.

 "Nowhere in particular," Daniel answered. "Just driving."

 "So, there's no exact destination?"

 "No. Just you and me driving together."

 "Which I'm assuming means you just wanted to take me somewhere alone so you could have me all to yourself."

 "Maybe."

 Alissa smiled. "Come on, I know that's why. You just don't want to have to share my attention with other people, do you?"

 "I am perfectly fine with sharing your attention with other people."

 "But tonight..."

 Daniel sighed. "Yeah, of course I wanted some alone time with my beautiful girlfriend. Why wouldn't I?"

 "Yes, why wouldn't you?" Alissa said with a smile. "I don't mind you taking me out for a nighttime drive just the two of us. I like it. Hey, can you pull over?"

 Daniel pulled over to the side of the road, and Alissa laid her head against his shoulder.

 "This is nice, isn't it?" she said. "Just you and me. I wish we were able to have more times together like this."

 "Yeah. We would have to run away together, I guess," said Daniel.

 "Run away together," Alissa repeated. "I kind of like the sound of that. Would we just disappear and not tell anyone?"

 "Well, I guess we would have to tell a few people, just do our families know we're alive."

 "Yeah, good point. Where would we go?"

 "I don't know. It would have to be somewhere no one would recognize us."

 "Then it would have to be somewhere we've never toured with a band," Alissa pointed out, "And we've been to a lot of places. Wherever we go, we would have to blend in pretty good."

 "Well, for that, you might have to dye your hair back to whatever its natural color is."

 Alissa shook her head. "Nope. That would be the deal breaker."

 Daniel laughed. "I should have known it would be."

 Alissa laughed along with him. When their laughter stopped, they were silent for a few minutes.

 "I guess it might be kind o fun if we were able to do it, huh?" Alissa said, breaking the silence.

 Daniel nodded. "Yeah. I guess it would be."

 However, they both knew that stealing away together was not the best idea, so they would have to put it out of their minds eventually. But they were perfectly happy in reality, so it didn't matter much in the end.