Still Here (Michel)

Daniel Erlandsson wasn't used to seeing Michael Amott panic in any way at all. Even now, it didn't really seem like panicking. He was sitting quietly on one of the stools, plucking at the strings on his guitar with no apparent tune. However, Daniel had been in a band long enough with the man long enough to know what his moods were like, and this could possibly be considered panicking. 

 "So. You busy?" he asked.

 Michael looked up at him. "What?"

 "I asked, are you busy?"

 He sighed. "No, I guess not. What is it?"

 "Well...nothing, really. I was just wondering what's up with you."

 "What's 'up with me'?" Michael repeated.

 "Well, you're just acting kind of...like...well, not you. Unless you're silently thinking of new lyrics while playing a horrible tune on that guitar."

 "Of course I was thinking. What are you doing here, anyway?"

 "Um, I'm helping you," Daniel answered. "Yesterday, I asked if you wanted to me to come by so we could brainstorm for the new album, and you said yes. You know, you seemed kind of out of it yesterday, too."

 "I've been doing a lot of thinking," Michael said.

 "O...kay. Um, about the new album?"

 "Of course it's about the new album, Daniel. I've written some stuff for new songs, but...I don't know. Something feels different."

 Daniel nodded. "Uh-huh. Well, it can't be me, because far as I know, I'm still me. So it must be Angela. Your one-time ladylove decided to step down, and you're upset about it, and you just don't like to talk about it. Don't tell me you're worried about how Alissa's going to do, because I've talked to her, and she's great. And Angela picked Alissa herself, and Angela's not stupid. Now, am I right? If I am, please tell me."

 Michael sighed. "All right. A little bit of that is true. But the way you said it makes me feel like I'm being stupid. We're still a band, aren't we? We just have a different line-up."

 "Not entirely different," Daniel pointed out. "I'm still here."

 Michael smiled. "And I guess this is the part where you say you have no plans to leave?" 

 "Well, at the moment, but something could come up." Daniel smiled back. "I'm kidding. I plan on being here for a while. Now, do you need some drum beats for that tune?"

 "You know I do. Every song needs a beat. That's why the drummer is important."

 "And don't I know it," Daniel said with a wink as he grabbed his drumsticks.