A Day of Smiles (Eluomas)

It was a sunny day when Elize and Tuomas met up to spend some time together, with no clouds in sight. This excited Elize, since she enjoyed spending time outdoors.

 "Let's go for a walk down by the beach," Elize suggested. "It's the perfect day for it."

 "Are you sure?" Tuomas asked. "It's kind of a long drive down there, isn't it?"

 "But we have the whole day to ourselves today," she reminded him. "We can take a long drive if we want. Come on, you know it'll be fun."

 He shrugged and smiled. "Okay. If that's what you want to do, let's go. I'll drive."

 It turned out to be a shorter drive than Tuomas thought it would be. Or maybe the time just flew by faster than he thought it had. He and Elize had spent the time listening to the radio and chatting with each other, so maybe he didn't notice.

 Tuomas wasn't sure what exactly he and Elize were. They had been a couple of dates and hung out together a lot, but they hadn't talked about actually being boyfriend and girlfriend. But perhaps he should think about it, he thought.

 "Come on." Elize gently tugged him by the hand. "The shore awaits us."

 "All right, I'm coming." He gave her a smile. Whenever he saw that bright smile on her face, he couldn't help smiling himself.

 As they walked down by the shore, Elize kept holding on to Tuomas' hand. He was thinking about what it would be like if they were actually boyfriend and girlfriend. They could hang out together all the time, and go for walks on the beach on sunny days like this.

 "You're awfully quiet," Elize remarked. "Care to share?"

 "I was just thinking about something," Tuomas said. "Well, about us, I guess."

 "That sounds a little ominous. What about us?"

 "It's nothing ominous, really," he said quickly. "I was just thinking...we've been spending a lot of time together recently. We've even been on dates together. But we've never talked about what we are. You know, if we're technically dating or not."

 When he had finished speaking, Tuomas wasn't even sure if whatever he had just said made any sense. But Elize gave him a sly smile and said, "Are you asking me to be your girlfriend?"

 "Uh...Yeah, I guess I am."

 Elize's smile grew, and then she pulled him closer and kissed him.

 "It's about time," she said. "I thought I would have to be the one to bring it up. I won't mind being your girlfriend if you won't mind being my boyfriend."

 Tuomas smiled back at her. "No. I wouldn't mind at all."

~~~~~~

 Tuomas drove Elize home that evening, and they drove to a comfortable silence as they radio played.

 "I'm glad we met up today," said Elize. She gave him a quick kiss before jumping out of the car. "Will I be seeing you again soon?"

 Tuomas nodded. "Definitely."

 She beamed. "Great. See you soon."

 Tuomas smiled to himself, and drove away feeling happier than he had felt in quite a while.