Why You? (Floorette)

It hurt Anette Olzon to be asked to leave Nightwish. She'd been having problems with the guys recently, but she had thought they would be able to work it out. She hadn't expected them to show her the door in the middle of a tour.

 Anette thought that would be the worst of it, the climax. But the aftermath didn't have to be bad. She had some fans of her own among the Nightwish fans; she could work on her own solo music. Someone would have to listen to it. She would be okay in the long run. 

 But then she heard the news. Her official replacement was Floor Jansen. The guys had asked her to officially join the band, and she said yes.

~~~~~~

 Anette stood outside the café, waiting. This was the place where she had begun to realize she was falling in love. She knew that was why Floor asked her to meet here, their old special place.

 She recognized Floor's car as she pulled up. She was still just as beautiful as she was the last time Anette had seen her, months before. The separation had upset and hurt her, and seeing Floor now brought back every old memory she had been trying to erase.

 Floor stepped up to her and began, "Anette-"

 "Don't," she said. "I want to know why you agreed, why you ever agreed in the first place."

 "Because I thought it was just a temporary thing," Floor answered. "I thought I would just help them out with their tour, and then go back to ReVamp."

 "Then why didn't you?" Anette asked. "Why did I have to hear in the news that you're Nightwish's new permanent singer, my replacement? How did you think that would make me feel, Floor?"

 "It was the music, Anette. The longer I spent on the tour, and more I fell into the music and all the stories in it. It was beautiful. A lot of the fans liked me, and everyone thought I was great-"

 "Well, good for you," Anette said. "I got trashed by fans because I wasn't Tarja Turunen. Does anyone even care that I was kicked out? No, don't answer that, I don't want to know."

 Floor looked away and said quietly, "I wanted to be in the band. We're going to start working on a new album soon."

 Anette scoffed. "Great. Good for you. Goodbye, Floor."

 "No, wait, Anette." Floor grabbed Anette by the arm. "You know how much you mean to me, and I know you I mean a lot to you, or you wouldn't be this upset."

 "Floor," Anette pulled away from her grasp, "Of course you mean so much to me. But it hurts that you would agree to be the new singer of the band I was just kicked out of, however good or bad their music is."

 "I'm sorry," Floor said. "I'm so sorry, Anette."

 Floor pulled Anette to her and kissed her, remembering all the wonderful times they had before.

 "Tell me what I can do," she whispered.

 Anette pulled away. "I can't."

 "Anette!" Floor called, but she was already running out of earshot, and she left alone.