There's Always Tomorrow (Olivone)

Simone closed the door to her son's room as quietly as she could. Vincent had stayed awake for as long as he could, but fell asleep in his mother's arms while it was still pretty early.

 She hadn't gotten another chance to call Oliver, but he was just boarding his plane the last time they talked. It was a later flight than he was planning to take, so he couldn't be expected home as early. She didn't know how late he would be, but she wanted to wait up for him. They hadn't seen each other in person in days, and she wanted to be able to hug him and kiss him when he made it home.

 But on the other hand, she was so tired. She had been running around with Vincent all day, and while the two of them had a lot of fun together, Simone was worn out. She would have liked to go to bed, but she wanted to stay awake as long as she could.

 After making sure Vincent was tucked in bed, Simone went into her own room and curled up on the bed. She could just close her eyes for a minute. Oliver would be home soon, and she'd hear the front door from upstairs. 

 "Just a few minutes," she said to herself as she closed her eyes.

~~~~~~

 Oliver opened the door. "Simone? You awake?"

 He put down his suitcase and looked around. The house was very quiet, and it didn't look like anyone was downstairs.

 "Upstairs, then," he said to himself, and carried his suitcase up to the second floor. He opened the door to his room to find Simone fast asleep on the bed. She hadn't even gotten her pajamas on, so he wondered if she was trying to stay awake until he got home.

 "I'm sorry I couldn't get here sooner," he said as he put his suitcase down. "Plane was taking forever."

 He then went to Vincent's room, and saw their son was tucked in bed and also fast asleep.

 "Guess Vincent wore you out, huh?" he said when he got back to his room. He sat down next to Simone and brushed the hair out of her face. "You didn't have to try to stay up so late, but I know if you were awake you would be telling me you didn't mind."

 Simone lay still, and Oliver realized whatever she was doing that day must have really worn her out. She had only been home for a few days herself, and was probably busy.

 He gave her a kiss on the forehead. "There's always tomorrow, though. I'll get to say good morning to both of you then."