Loving You (Wolmi)

Both Tilo and Anne knew they wouldn't be able to hide their feelings much longer. 

 During their early years in Lacrimosa together, they developed a strong friendship and a sense of partnership, the sort of bond one would think bandmates would come to have with each other. But theirs changed. As time went on, they began to feel something else, something deeper.

 There was a time each one of them would not have wanted to combine work and romance, thinking it a bad idea. But this was different.

~~~~~~

 The pair had been in the studio most of the day, working on some new music for Lacrimosa's upcoming album. It hadn't amounted to as much as they hoped it would, as they were both having some difficulty concentrating. Each one's gaze kept floating towards the other, and they would both quickly look away whenever their eyes met. 

 They decided to go for a walk together after their day in the studio. That turned out to be incredibly awkward, as neither one was really sure what to say. Each one silently vowed to do better in the recording studio the next day. They did have work to do, after all.

~~~~~~ 

 It wasn't long before they were on tour again. Tilo was happy to be on stage again, and a few shows into the tour he was feeling good. Anne seemed to be happy as well, and his heart would still sometimes flutter a little when he saw her smile.

 On one particularly stormy night, Tilo was restless in his hotel room bed. He eventually dozed off, but was woken up again during the night by the feeling of someone next to him. It was Anne, curled up next to him in her pajamas.

 "Are you all right?" he murmured.

 She nodded and turned on the lamp. "I never liked stormy nights when I was a kid. Did I wake you up?"

 He shrugged. "I think I might have dozed off, but I couldn't really sleep, anyway. Was your instinct to come find me?"

 "Do you mind?" she asked.

 "No. No, of course not." He smiled. "Stay if you want."

 "Okay." She kissed him on the cheek. "Thank you."

 That was all it took. Tilo gently her chin so that their lips would touch, and they were suddenly tied up in a kiss. It was a kiss they never wanted to end, but sadly had to. She sighed and laid her head against his chest, and he wrapped his arms around her. That was how they stayed the rest of the night, until the sun began to rise.

 Neither one of them said 'I love you' that night. They didn't have to.

 They already knew.