Outdoors and Indoors (Marone)

"Simone!" Mark called. "We're going to have to get going soon!"

 "In a minute," Simone called back.

 Simone was standing outside, apparently taking in the cool evening air.

 "It's so nice out, isn't it?" she said. "I'll be disappointed to have to go indoors."

 "Me too, but you know we have to get going soon," Mark pointed out.

 "I know." Simone sighed. "On to the next gig. It'll be our last one for the tour, too."

 "For now. We'll be back on the road again sometime soon."

 "Yeah." She smiled. "Guess we may as well enjoy it, huh?"

 Mark nodded, and stood silently next to her for a moment. The sun had already gone down, but he could see she still looked beautiful with the breeze blowing on her.

 "All right, I'm ready," she said. "Let's go."

 She gently pushed past him to get inside, and their shoulders brushed together as she did so, and something about it made them both smile.

~~~~~~

 "Simone? We're here."

 Simone opened her eyes. "Already?"

 "Already?" Mark repeated. "Have you been asleep for the whole trip?"

 "I must have been." She yawned. "We don't have to start setting up yet, do we?"

 "Yeah, we should. We don't have much time till the show is supposed to start."

 Simone groaned. "I honestly wish I didn't have to get up."

 "What happened to not wanting to be indoors yesterday? Now all you want to do is stay in."

 "Well, I changed my mind." She sighed. "But I'll get up for the sake the concert."

 Mark smiled. "You're being a little dramatic here, aren't you?"

 "So? You've never had an overdramatic moment in your life?"

 "Not overdramatizing getting up for a concert."

 Simone sighed dramatically. "Oh, fine." She gave him a smile. "Of course I don't mind. Come on, let's get going."

~~~~~~

 After the concert, Simone stood outside, her back leaning against the building.

 "Here you are," Mark said, stepping up beside her. "We have to get going soon."

 "I know," she replied. "Just a couple more minutes. What are you going to do after this?"

 He shrugged. "Go home, work on some new music. I have ideas for a new album, and now I can have a chance to concentrate on it and think about it."

 "Okay. Well...let's meet up and go over ideas, sometime soon. Let's just meet up soon."

 Mark nodded. "Yeah, of course. You ready to go."

 "Yeah, sure."

 As they walked back to the tour bus, Simone slipped her hand into Mark's. He looked down at their hands clasped together, and smiled, because it just felt right.