A Bad Cold (Flaron)

"Any better?" Floor asked.

 Sharon nodded. "Better."

 About a week earlier, Sharon had come down with a bad cold. She and Floor had gone on vacation together, and she couldn't believe she ended up with a cold during that time. However, Floor was entirely understanding, and spent a lot of time keeping an eye on Sharon.

 "I think I might be okay to go out and do something," Sharon said. "I don't feel as bad anymore." Of course, right after she said so, she sneezed again.

 "Maybe not today," said Floor. "It's getting late, anyway. If you're feeling okay tomorrow, we can go out for a bit."

 "Well, I definitely don't feel as bad anymore. I'm sorry this is how our vacation turned out. I wanted to do things besides stay indoors with this cold."

 "Don't worry about it," Floor said. "At least we're together, and we'll have other vacations."

 "When? It seems like we're both gonna be busy after this."

 Floor shrugged. "I don't know. But we'll have another one. Once we're done with being busy, we'll go somewhere else, and it'll be great. But just to be safe, it should probably be in the summer, because we're less likely to catch colds then."

 Sharon nodded. "Good point. This should teach us to be more careful in cold or rainy weather, and around germs. You do know you might end up with a cold too, don't you?"

 Floor sighed. "Yeah, probably. Germs are the worst. But we'll be sick together, so there's that." She looked over at the radio. "Hey, you up for a dance?"

 Sharon smiled a little. "Sure."

 The two women spent the next several minutes dancing and spinning around the room, smiling and laughing through all of it. Afterwards, they lay together on the couch, Sharon still coughing and sniffling a little.

 "Thanks for taking care of me," she said.

 "Of course. Good girlfriends help their girlfriends feel better. Now, why don't you get some sleep? We'll have all day tomorrow to have fun."

 Sharon nodded, and closed her eyes.