New Year of Them (Korstina)

Korey and Cristina were both excited for New Year's Eve. It was a chance for them to do some celebrating and to be able to welcome the new year together.

 "It's gonna be a new year of us, you know," Cristina had pointed out.

 Korey smiled. "I know. Believe me, I'm excited about that."

 They were invited to a friend's party, so they went out in the evening to join the festivities. The two women danced and chatted with everyone for a while, but after some time the place just seemed a little too crowded.

 "It's loud, isn't it?" said Korey.

 "Yeah, and kind of hot," Cristina agreed. "Hey, do you want to get out of here? Maybe go for a drive?"

 Korey nodded. "Sounds perfect. Let's go."

 The two went back to their car and drove off, Cristina driving and Korey in the passenger seat.

 "Where do you want to go next?" Korey asked as they drove.

 "I've got someplace in mind," Cristina replied.

 They went on driving for a while, far out enough that Korey didn't know where they could be going. But then Cristina turned the car off the road, towards an open field, and Korey realized where she'd brought them.

 "We've been here before," she said.

 "Of course we have," Cristina replied. "This has kind of become one of my favorite places. Do you remember the first time we came here? We were looking up at the stars and all-"

 "And that was the first time we said 'I love you'," Korey cut in. "That's why, isn't it?" 

 "Yeah, that's why." Cristina sighed. "It's important to me, you know? I love you, Korey, and this was the spot where I first got to tell you that."

 Korey smiled. "It's important to me, too. Because I love you, too." She leaned over and hugged the other woman. "Thank you for bringing us here tonight, Cristina."

 "Well, I thought it would be a good start. You know, for the new year. You like it?"

 She nodded. "I love it. What time is it now?"

 Cristina looked her watch. "It'll be midnight soon. Let's wait."

 They sat snuggled together in the front seat, and counted down the minutes until it midnight. Once it was midnight, Korey whispered, "Happy New Year, Cristina."

 Cristina smiled. "Happy New Year of us."

 Korey smiled back, and they kissed.

 Their new year was starting off perfectly.