Beginnings of Storytime (Tuonette)

Tuomas Holopainen had no idea what the band would be doing for their next album.

 Their tour was going to be over within the next couple of months, and then the fans would be waiting to hear about a new album. This last album and tour had gone really well, and Tuomas wanted to follow up with something just as good, maybe better.

 One day it came to him while he was trying to write something. He suddenly had a story, an idea in his head. He spent the entire day developing it and putting it together in his mind. It was something that could work for a new album, but it was going to take time.

 That afternoon, he had been randomly hitting keys on his keyboard, trying to work out a tune. But then something caught his ear. He hit a few keys over again. He spent a few minutes trying to play out a whole tune.

 "That sounds great. Is it something new?"

 Tuomas looked up. "Hey, Anette. I think you're a little early for rehearsals."

 "Yeah, looks like it," she said. "I don't mind waiting, though. Everyone should be here soon. Are you working on any new music? I've never heard that tune before."

 "Um, yeah, it is. I've had no idea what we'll be doing for the next album, but I came up with something earlier today."

 Anette smiled. "That's great. What do you have in mind?"

 "Well, I've got this story in my head, and I just ended up playing a tune that I liked. Here." He started slowly playing it again, and then quickly wrote it down so he wouldn't forget it later on.

 "I like it," said Anette, and began humming along to the melody. "It makes for a catchy beat, too. Do you have any names?"

 "I don't know. I've been thinking of 'Imaginarium' all day. I'm not sure about it being the name of this song, though."

 "It could be a name for a different song," Anette suggested, "Or maybe the album."

 Tuomas nodded. "Yeah. I like it for the album title. Thanks, Anette. You don't have to stand here and listen to my crazy ideas, you know."

 She shrugged. "I don't mind. What about that tune you were playing? Does it have a name yet?"

 Tuomas took a moment to think about it. "Storytime. It feels right. I don't know how, but it just does."

 "Well, I'll trust it," said Anette.

 "Thanks. You know, I'm glad you're here. You know, in the band."

 "So am I. You'll figure out the album. This is probably gonna sound kind of corny, but I believe in you, you know. Now, come on. We've got a little quiet time until it's time to get ready for the show."

 Tuomas let Anette take him by the hand and lead him away from his music for the time being. She believed in him, and something about that gave him a warm feeling inside.