Misunderstandings (Korstina)

Cristina was walking away, and she kept walking away until she thought she might be far away enough to think clearly, without any of the anger sinking in to influence her thoughts. 

 Was she actually right? Could this situation be as bad as she thought it was? No, it couldn't be. Korey wouldn't cheat on her; she wasn't that kind of woman. But if she wasn't, then what had Cristina just witnessed? 

 Cristina knew that Korey was friends with that other woman, and the two of them had been spending a lot of time together recently. Cristina hadn't thought much of it at first, but later on small suspicions began to creep into her mind. What was going on with them? Was it just friendship, or was there something else? She hated the thought, but once she had it she couldn't get rid of it. 

 There was one day where she knew Korey was supposed to be meeting her for lunch. She had mentioned it to Cristina that morning, and she knew where they were having lunch. The temptation to go there herself was too much. She could just pretend she happened to be free and thought she would come join them. There was nothing off about something like that. 

 Cristina immediately regretted it when she arrived, because she did arrive to but the sight of Korey in the arms of that other woman. And Korey saw Cristina, too. She had turned in her direction and her eyes widened at the sight of her. Cristina had taken off before Korey could say a word. 

 Now Cristina stopped walking and looked up at the sky. Was Korey cheating on her? And if she was, what then? Would she rather be with someone else? Cristina wouldn't try to make her stay if that was the case, but she could only hope it wasn't. 

~~~~~~ 

 Cristina had hoped Korey wouldn't be home yet so she could have a little more time to herself. But when she arrived, Korey was already there. She had probably been waiting for her the entire time.  

 "Cristina." Korey looked worried, but not guilty as she hurried over to Cristina. "You were gone for so long." 

 Cristina nodded. "I know. You look like you have something you want to tell me." 

 "I do. Cristina, I know what that must have looked like, but I'm not cheating on you. I promise you I would never do that." 

 "Then why was she kissing you?" Cristina asked. 

 "Because she seemed to get the idea that there was more to us than friendship, and there isn't. I'm so sorry, Cristina. I never meant for that to happen." 

 Cristina felt a sudden relief. She pulled Korey closer and hugged her. "I love you." 

 "I love you, too," Korey said and hugged her back. 

 Cristina smiled. Now that that misunderstanding was cleared up, everything felt right in the world again.