A New Member (Jandahl)

Floor hadn't felt right the past few days. Something was wrong, and she knew it. She just didn't know what.

 When she discovered she was pregnant, she was excited. She loved of having children, of being a mother. She and Hannes had talked about it a few times, but they hadn't talked about when they should start trying. So, this actually was a surprise. But Floor was excited, anyway.

~~~~~~

 "Here you are." Hannes gave her a kiss. "You okay? You look like you've been doing some pretty deep thinking."

 "Yeah, I actually have been doing some thinking," Floor replied.

 "Mm-hmm. Anything you wanted to talk about?"

 "Actually, yeah. You should probably hear this." She inhaled deeply. "I'm pregnant."

 Hannes raised his eyebrows. "You are? You really are?"

 She nodded. "Yeah. I just found out today. I mean, I'm kind of surprised, because we didn't talk about when we wanted to start having kids, but I guess maybe now could be a good time, since I'm pregnant. I do want to be a mother, and I love the idea of being a mother to at least one-"

 While Floor had begun babbling, she didn't see the enormous smile that had spread across Hannes' face. He ben to laugh while she talked on.

 "What?" she asked him.

 "You. You're not usually this nervous about anything. We love the idea of having kids, Floor. You can slow it down a little."

 Floor's face brightened. "So, you're happy, too?"

 "Of course I am!" He wrapped his arms around her and hugged her. "How can this not be exciting? Soon enough, we're going to have to mini us running around the place."

 "But having a mini us is going to be tough work," Floor reminded him. "We're gonna have be prepared by time the baby is born."

 "Then we will be. We've got time, and I know we'll have everything ready for them when they're born. Do you think it'll be a boy or a girl?"

 Floor shook her head. "It won't matter. I already love the baby, I'm gonna love them no matter what."