Chapter 85: JackH, The Last Game

As a senior, we get to play a game called assassins. We can use sock bombs and spoons to kill our targets. We cannot use magic, and the Dreamers were not allowed to use their powers for various reasons. My target was Nina.

"You know, she's going to be hard to catch. Do you know her guardian is Nya? She's a tough cookie" Ronin said as he looked at my target.

"Do you have an idea?" I asked him with interest in my voice and a hint of worry.

"What classmates are in your grade in her free period?" he asked with an idea forming in his head.

I am a bit concerned about this but also very excited about this. I meet with Mackenzie, Whitney, Gray, and Stovien one day with Ronin.

"Ok, my target is Nina" I told them.

"So?" Gray asked unamused.

"You all have this period free, and we all know how loud and annoying Nina can be" I began as everyone listened closely to my idea, "So, why don't we all get back at her?"

"What do we do?" Gray asked first and oddly quick.

I think they might have a personally issue with Nina. Well, I can use that to my advantage.

"I know where she is going to be this period. Everyone else has to be away from the room until I defeat her" I said confidently.

"That includes your guardians. Your Fish friend really wasn't clear on the rules about the guardians, so we are going to assume if one of your guardians does see her, she cannot die" Ronin said seriously.

Everyone nodded. Yeah, I was going to win this round. I saw Nina walking to her class with her guardian, Nya. I wonder why she has her here?

"Nya is one of her strongest guardians. I knew she would choose her out of all them. Actually, Robin would've also been a good choice. I wonder why she didn't pick him of all people?" Ronin commented on the side.

"Maybe Nya is one of the strongest?" I suggested as we quietly followed her.

Ronin pondered, "Hm. I suppose so. I actually think that Wasp girl us much better than her at times, but whatever"

I guess he has a point. I really don't know everything about the Dreamers honestly. They were gone for an entire year saving other worlds from the darkness. I guess that's a good excuse. Hopefully, this will be a year where they are able to have some kind of peace. I actually doubt it considering their track record.

"I wouldn't be surprised really. Destiny might not be through with them just yet. I used to never believe in that nonsense until two of the Dreamers proved me wrong. Life sure is strange at times" he reasoned, "Is she in the room?"

I forgot to keep an eye out for her. I walked to the room, but there was no one here... Something's not right... Nina follows the rules to an extent. She wouldn't use her powers, would she?

"Wait a minute kid. Something's not right about this room" Ronin said as he opened one of his pouches.

He took out some sand and threw it into the room. I watched in disbelief as the sand revealed Nina and her guardian! Nina let out a scream as she saw us and her trick fading away right before her eyes.

"I thought you followed the rules?!" I asked her annoyed.

"Not when people have other guardians who can easily catch me!" Nina screamed out as she unlocked the window in Mrs. Crupi and jumped out!

What just happened?

"Did you teach her that?" Ronin asked slightly impressed and annoyed at her guardian.