Chapter 68: Victor, The Mediator

Oh, boy. Whitney and Hiba are at it again. Man, those two are the best of friends and the worst of enemies. I wonder how they became friends in the first place. The girls continued to shout and scream loudly at each other. Ok, that's it. I stepped between them and silenced them from talking.

"Victor!" they shouted at me annoyed.

"You need to stop fighting. You two are friends. This isn't right" I tried to reason with them.

They began to argue again about something that the other one was at fault for. This is going to be a long day.

"This is quite an issue" Motonari said as he sat next to me in the Commons.

Whenever Whitney and Hiba argue, their argument can last for a very long time. I don't think they've had fights where they used their respective magic against each other. I wonder who would win in a fight like that? Probably Hiba. She's much more level headed than Whitney by a long shot. Now, if we were going by power, that would be interesting. Hiba is the Descendant of April and can summon her diamond lance while Whitney is a Realm Knight of Scooby – Doo and can fight with masks. Yeah, I still think Hiba would win.

"Do you think their guardians can help?" I asked Motonari.

He put his right hand under his chin as he began to think.

"I believe Smolderdash and Scratch would attempt to help the girls, but sometimes it might get out of hand. We would just have to wait and see what happens between the two of them" he said as he recalled some events.

I wonder if those events involved Jaylen and Paul and their guardians. Seriously, their world is very weird. Jack and Mary tried their best to explain their world and what they do, but honestly, it is still very confusing.

"Do you want to help your friends?" Motonari asked as he looked at me.

"Maybe. I was going to let them cool off before I attempted to do anything" I reasoned, "I don't want to take a side. They are both my friends. It wouldn't be fair to them if I took a side. Also, I do plan to resolve this conflict"

Motonari smiled as he said, "I am very grateful that you were the person I have to guard. You are very wise for someone your age"

"Of course, you are! I am wise" I stated firmly with a proud smile on my face.

We both heard the bell ring and decided to get something to eat at the cafeteria. Sigh, the food used to be so much better than this. Oh, how the mighty have fallen. Well, I guess I am going to have a salad then. Motonari decided to return to his world to handle some affairs. I am not sure what he means by that, but I was going to be fine. I wanted to practice my magic a bit anyway. Motonari doesn't really help me with that.

"Hey Victor" Sean said as he sat next to me.

"How are you, Sean?" I asked as I took a bite out of my sandwich.

"Ok. Neuro and X were giving me a break since we've gotten more homework" Sean stated as he took a full step away from me.

Oh, right. He's allergic to everything. Well, I can't blame him for taking precaution, but he should still say something. Hm, I wonder if he could do something for me.

"Hey, you can read people's minds, right?" I asked

"Yes, and so can Jodi. Why?" he asked suspiciously.

"I was hoping to help Hiba and Whitney with their fight. I figured that if I found out, maybe I could help them" I reasoned.

Sean didn't seem too interested in this idea. I don't see how much trouble it would be to just know something about a fight. Just then, Hiba and Whitney arrived at the table. Sean and I looked at each other concerned. The two girls sat across from each other instead of next to each other.