Chapter 48: Carson, Hole in One!

Ah, I always enjoyed the feeling of going out to the golf course and enjoying a good round of 18 holes. Camdyn and Justine were going to join me out on the course later on in the day. However, I didn't expect to see Nina out on the course. She actually had her own set of clubs as well! She was setting up for her 6 Iron shot. She took a few steps back to make sure she was lined up properly and took a few practice shots. Not bad. Then, she took her swing and sent the golf ball flying! It went about 120 yards!

"Nice shot!" I greeted her as I began to set up my station on the range.

"Thanks! I've been working on that!" Nina answered as she prepared to set up another shot.

She certainly has improved on her own for the past few years. She went to her golf bag and took out a few score cards. Oh, that's right. Nina usually travels around the country and goes to other countries. She would go to golf courses and bring me back some score cards.

"This is what I got on my trip to Haiwaii. There were a lot of good golf courses there!" Nina said excitedly as she presented the cards to me.

I examined the cards closely. These look like great courses to practice on. I thanked Nina and went to practice my game. I was hoping to compete in another match before any important tests have come up.

"So, how are your friends doing?" I asked her.

"Hehe, we are fine. It's nice to come back to school after seeing the world" Nina answered as she swung her iron again.

I would never understand how the Dreamers are able to get all of their work done and enjoy their sports. It always seemed like hard work to me. I took out my 5 Iron and began to practice a bit with it. However, I just had to make sure my aim was right.

"Fore!" someone shouted urgently.

Nina and I ducked as away from the incoming golf ball. How can anyone make such a terrible shot on Hole 10? We looked around and didn't see anyone on Hole 10. Nina walked onto the range and looked at the golf ball. It was a bright red ball.

"I only play with neon green golf balls. Do you know anyone who plays with a red golf ball?" she asked me.

I took the ball from her and examined it. There were no markings. Whose golf ball is this? I don't think I even know anyone who has this kind of golf ball. Nina was walking back to her golf bag and took out a range finder. She began to scope around the area.

"I don't see anyone here..." Nina confessed as she walked towards me.

This was odd, but then I realized there was an odd fog around us... I think Nina noticed it too, because she took out her wand. She slowly cast a light spell and waited. Was there something coming? Nina slowly walked forward, but she then disappeared before my eyes! Where did she go?! I ran forward and tried to find her, but she was gone. What is going on?!

"Carson!" someone shouted urgently.

I turned towards the voice, but someone threw a shield at me! I ducked as the shield hit a card! What was a card doing here?

"Oh, good thing I was able to arrive here just in time" Goofy said as he caught his shield.

He was waving at me as he walked towards me. I was so grateful to see him here!

"What's going on? Whose card was that?" I asked him.

Goofy picked up the card and examined it. He seemed very serious about this card. I wonder what it was.

"Ah, Goofy. It is nice to see you again" Luxord said as he walked out of the fog.

Goofy stood in front of me while Luxord chuckled. I remember him. He attacked our school that day. Why is he back? What does he want?