Chapter 58: Amanda, Not Now...

Seriously, Nina needs to control those Dreamers. Instead of causing chaos, they should find a way to fix this problem before it gets out of hand especially for today. I have to take the SAT today, and I would really appreciate it if they did not ruin this.

"You could come with me back to my hometown" Iris offered.

She maybe a wild girl, but even she knows a person must have peace and quiet to study for important exams to study in the future. Those Dreamers clearly do not.

"Yes, please" I told her.

She tossed out her Hydregion and climbed on him. The two of us left for Opelucid City. I was at Iris' house. I sat at the table and continued to study in peace. No Dreamers and no chaos to disturb my studying.

"I'll get some food for you while I tell the Elite Four to keep an eye out for anything" she told me as she left the room.

I was able to study my SAT material in peace. No one was here causing me trouble and, more importantly, it was quiet. After an hour and 30 minutes passed, I heard the door open. Someone climbs up the stairs and seemed surprised to see me.

"So, she wasn't kidding" a tall man said as he looked at me.

Wait, did he think I wasn't real? I looked at him confused.

"Excuse me. My name is Drayden. Iris is my adoptive grand-daughter in a way. I am assuming you are Amanda?" he asked me.

He knows who I am. Iris never mentioned him to me.

"Yes sir. I'm sorry, but Iris never mentioned you before" I said as I stood up and faced him.

He laughed "That does sound like Iris. She would often forget to mention important details or would rather impress others by being herself than being related to me. Though, she is the Champion of the Unova region. You would think that would be enough to impress people"

I smiled at him. He really did take care of Iris. Wait, Iris is a Champion? She never mentioned that to me either. Actually, when Iris and I meet, she continued to watch over me while making sure I had all the help for my studies. She didn't talk about herself nor her life. I wonder why.

"Let me make you some Hot Chocolate. Iris will be home soon. She has to attend to Champions since Black is out of the region again with White" Drayden said as he walked to the kitchen and began to prepare us drinks.

I went back to the table and continued to study. Drayden returned with two mugs filled with warm Hot Chocolate. I put my pencil down and picked up the mug. I took a small sip of it as I faced Drayden. He was reading a book something as he quietly drank his mug.

"What does Iris do?" I asked him.

"Hm, oh, well, she is from this world. She trains Pokemon and accepts challengers. She usually wins though. When Black comes back from his travels, he often helps her with the challengers" Drayden answered as his eyes never left his book.

Hm, interesting. She must know a lot about Pokemon then. I didn't think there was much of it, but Iris must be powerful in order to be a Champion.

"What kind of Pokemon does she use?" I asked him.

"Well, she uses Dragon types. She does have a Lapras though. She has her Lapras since she was young" Drayden said as he thought about my guardian.

I never thought about her like this. She must be really in tune with her Pokemon. Drayden stood up and went towards the door. He was expecting Iris to come back. When he opened the door, he didn't Iris at the door, but her Haxours!

"Haxours! Where is Iris?!" Drayden asked in a panic.

Her Haxours was injured badly. I ran downstairs and saw Haxours. I have never seen him like this before. He was usually happy and healthy.

"Get me some Full Restores. It is in the cabinet" Drayden said as he went to Haxours's side.

I rushed to the cabinet and took out two Full Restores. I handed it to Drayden. Drayden used the Full Restores to heal Haxours. Once Haxours was well rested, Drayden and I faced her.

"Can you take us to Iris please?" Drayden asked seriously.

He was clearly worried and scared for my guardian. It was weird, but I couldn't sense her. Normally, we would be able to sense each other, but someone or something was preventing me from sensing her. I hope she's ok.

"Are you sure you want to come?" Drayden asked as he followed Haxours.

"Yes, why?" I asked him annoyed.

"You were focused on your studies. I can relate to Iris working hard on her journey. She would stay and train while I would be off working hard. She probably went to do her work and have you stay here to make sure you could attain your goals" Drayden answered.

I didn't think of it like that. Iris knew what it felt like to be me and work for a goal.

"I'll help you find her. She is my guardian" I stated.

The three of us walked to the cave outside of the city. Haxours stopped and began to growl. We were getting closer to Iris. Drayden and I looked around and saw many Pokemon surrounding Iris! She was sleeping in a bag of leaves.

"What happened to her?" I asked as I ran towards her.

She was just sleeping. Drayden was laughing a bit as Haxours ran towards us.

"She was just taking care of the injured Pokemon again. She must've passed out and disable her connection to you to reassure you she was fine" Drayden said as he smiled at the Pokemon.

I didn't know she did this before. Iris yawned and sat up.

"Oh! Amanda! Are you ok?" Iris asked warmly.

I smiled at her. I noticed the Pokemon were a little bit scared. Iris ran towards them and reassured the Pokemon that everything was fine. For the rest of the day, Drayden, Iris, and I were helping the Pokemon and working with them. This was actually a nice relaxation from my studies. I know I can achieve my goals thanks to Iris's achievements.