Chapter 62: Liam, I'll Sing my Heart Out

As I continued onto High School, I still practiced singing. I was still thinking about how far I could go with my voice. Maybe I should rethink this. I don't know if I should make a career out of this. Nina and the rest of the Dreamers have their work cut out for them. I imagine protecting the worlds would make anyone rich.

"Vector! Are you ready?" I shouted as I entered his Detective House.

He was sitting at his desk looking over some papers. He looked pretty busy.

"Are you busy?" I asked him as I placed my bag on the couch.

"Just a little bit. What can I help do to help you?" he asked as he placed a stack of paper on his desk.

"I was just going to practice my singing. Your world is much quieter than mine" I answered as I approached him.

"Ah, then go ahead. I'm just finishing up my reports. The rest of the Chaotix won't be back for a bit" Vector said in a reassured tone.

I nodded my head and went upstairs. He set up this room for me when he became my guardian. He said if my world was not safe for some reason, I could come here until the danger was over. If that is the case, then I should be here every day. The Dreamers are not helping anyone at this point. I guess he also gave me this place, because he wanted me to feel safe to practice my powers here. Yeah, I'm the Descendant of Fall.

"Hey, I'm going out. Do you want anything to eat?" Vector asked as he walked to the door.

"No. I'm good" I answered as I began to practice my singing.

It took me a few minutes, but I was able to practice for a few minutes. I didn't think Vector would take so much time to get back. I heard the door open and loud voices shouting over each other. I quickly went down the stairs and saw the Chaotix and a girl with short blonde hair surrounding the couch.

"What happened?" I asked as I approached them.

I saw a boy with blonde hair lying on the couch. He was bloodied a bit. What happened?!

"Len and Rin were running away after they finished their concert. However, someone attacked them" Ray exclaimed with a worry.

"We didn't even see who attacked us! We just ran!" Rin said as she cried.

I felt sad for her. This shouldn't have happened to her.

"He'll be fine, Rin! I've already called Cream! She's coming to deliver the medicine for us!" Charmy reassured her.

She nodded her head as she tried to stop crying.

"How can someone hate music? Music is supposed to be fun!" Mighty said annoyed.

Well, it is possible. Not everyone can like the same things.

"Chaotix!" Vector shouted as he stood in front of his desk.

We looked at him surprised.

"We have a case to solve!" he shouted proudly.

"Oh, boy. Here we go again" Espio said sadly.

"Let's get to work! Everyone, but Might and the twins stay here!" Vector shouted.

"Wait, why am I coming?" I asked surprised.

"It might be good to have a Descendant with us!" Vector smiled as he walked out of the room.

I suppose so. I would think having a Descendant might make things worse. We walked to the stage in Central City. Miku, Kaito, Luka, and Meiko were examining the damaged stage.