53. The End of the End

☆————————————☆

☆————————————☆

VICTORIA, HERMIONE AND RON MADE THEIR WAY BACK TO THE GREAT HALL WHERE EVERYONE ELSE WAS GATHERED.

Gracie saw Tori and her friends return and noticed that they looked extremely upset.

"Hey, is everything alright? Where's Harry?" She asked.

Tori ran to her aunt and broke down in tears. Gracie held her niece tightly and comforted her as she sobbed.

"Oh sweetheart..."

They stayed like this for a while, until Victoria had calmed down, then joined Ron and Hermione who were sitting together quietly. None of them said a word, because they had nothing to say to each other. Their best friend was about to sacrifice himself to save their lives. Tori wanted more than anything to chase after him and stop him. She wanted to sacrifice herself with him. More than that, she wanted him here with her. She didn't want him to die. She didn't want Harry to be the hero anymore, she just wanted him to live.

Because if Harry died, their world would die too.

Victoria wasn't going to let that happen.

She got up from her seat abruptly and made her way out of the Great Hall.

"Tori where are you going?" Hermione asked.

"Just getting some air." Victoria replied over her shoulder.

She made her way out into the courtyard, and stared up into the sky. It was still dark outside, but there was a hint of daylight where the sun was slowly rising.

With a great sigh, Tori looked at the courtyard and what a mess it had become in the past few hours. Stone and rubble covered the ground and the smell of smoke in the distance – Victoria assumed it was from fire that had been set off somewhere during the battle – filled her nostrils when she breathed in.

Voldemort and the Death Eaters really had made a mess of Hogwarts.

Tori wondered how long it would take for everything to be fixed.

"Victoria..."

She turned around and saw Gracie walking towards her.

"Hey..."

"You alright?" Gracie asked.

Tori shrugged. "I guess, I just needed some air."

"You can feel it, can't you?"

"Feel what?"

"The death. The aftermath of death. It's not just in the air, it's in our bodies too. Everyone else can feel it, but not the way we do. It's the worst part of our power. Feeling all the weight and knowing there's nothing you can do about it."