30. Slughorn's Christmas Party

☆————————————☆

☆————————————☆

BLAISE AND VICTORIA MADE THEIR WAY TO PROFESSOR SLUGHORN'S CHRISTMAS PARTY AND FOR ONCE, SHE WAS ACTUALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO ONE OF THE PROFESSOR'S PARTIES.

"You look really nice by the way. That dress really brings out your eyes." Blaise said as they walked along the corridor.

"Um...thanks." Victoria said, smiling as her cheeks heated up.

She wore a sleeveless blue knee length dress with black heels and her hair was in a loose braid.

"After you," Blaise opened the door for her and they stepped inside the room. It was very lively and members of the Slug Club, plus teachers and other guests were highly enjoying themselves. Victoria spotted Hermione and Cormac on the far side and chuckled when Hermione sent her a desperate look.

Neville was serving the drinks and she smiled when he approached.

"Hi Neville, long time no see."

"Hi Victoria, drink?"

"Sure. Didn't get into the Slug Club then?" She asked and he shook his head.

"No, but it's okay though because he's got Belby hanging up towels in the looroom." He said then walked off.

Victoria stood awkwardly next to Blaise, who was ignoring her and chatting to someone she didn't know.

Harry walked in eventually with Luna and Victoria felt that same amount of regret she did when he asked her the other day. At least he'd found someone to go with.

She then saw Hermione and Harry run behind a curtain at the back of the room and followed them.

"What on earth are you two doing?" Victoria asked.

"I've just escaped." Hermione replied. "I mean, I've left Cormac under the mistletoe."

Victoria snorted as Harry looked at her incredulously. "Cormac?! That's who you invited?" He asked.

"Thought it would annoy Ron the most." She said and Victoria chuckled.

"How's your night with Blaise going?" Hermione added and the brunette's eyes widened as Harry (also) stared at her incredulously.

"He's been ignoring me actually."

"You went with Blaise?" Harry asked.

"Only because I was tired of waiting for the person I wanted to go with to ask me." She replied quietly.

"Who?"

Victoria rolled her eyes. He really was oblivious.

"Doesn't matter." She muttered.

A waiter approached the three of them and asked if they wanted some Dragon tartare. Victoria and Harry happily declined but Hermione took the whole plate off him once he said they give off bad breath.