33. Sectumsempra

☆————————————☆

☆————————————☆

THE NEXT DAY, HARRY, VICTORIA, GINNY AND HERMIONE WENT TO THE HOSPITAL TO VISIT RON. THEY WERE SOON JOINED BY PROFESSOR DUMBLEDORE, SNAPE, MCGONAGALL AND SLUGHORN.

All the teachers looked stunned as they saw Ron asleep, but none more than Dumbledore.

"Quick thinking on your part Harry, using a Bezoar." He said.

"Actually sir, it was Victoria's idea." Harry said. Victoria smiled sheepishly.

"Well, good thinking both of you. You should be very proud of your students, Horace."

"Oh, ah yes, very proud." Slughorn replied unenthusiastically. Victoria rolled her eyes.

"I think we agree both Potter's and Miss Gibson's actions were heroic. The question is, why were they necessary?" Professor McGonagall questioned.

Dumbledore nodded and walked over to Slughorn. He grabbed the bottle that poisoned Ron and sniffed it. "This appears to be a gift, Horace. You don't remember who gave it to you?"

Slughorn didn't reply, he sort of just looked at Dumbledore with a very dumbfounded expression.

"By the way, it possesses remarkably subtle hints of liquorice and cherry. When not polluted with poison." Dumbledore said and handed the bottle to Professor Snape, who also looked very concerned.

"Actually I had intended to give it as a gift myself." Slughorn said.

"To whom, might I ask?"

"To you, headmaster."

Before they could continue their conversation, an annoyingly high pitched voice started talking. It was Lavender.

"Where is he? Where's my Won Won?! Has he been asking for me?" She said.

Victoria sent a disgusted look Hermione's way, who gave her much of the same reaction in return.

"What's she doing here?" Lavender said, referring to Hermione.

"I might ask you the same question." Hermione retorted, standing up from her seat.

"I happen to be his girlfriend!"

"I happen to be his...friend."

"Don't make me laugh. You haven't spoken in weeks. I suppose you want to make up with him now that he's suddenly all interesting." Lavender said.

"He's been poisoned you daft dimbo!" Hermione said.

Victoria sniggered. Harry looked at her and smirked.

"And for the record I've always found him interesting." Hermione continued.

Ron started stirring and mumbling stuff. Lavender thought he was saying her name, but when the words "Her...my...knee" came out, and she realised – she ran off crying. Victoria smirked at Hermione who blushed.