13. Bombarda Maxima

☆————————————☆

☆————————————☆

THE NEXT TERM AT HOGWARTS was back in full swing and everyone had gone back to their usual student lives. The castle still didn't feel much happier than when they'd left for break but at least Victoria hadn't caught sight of Umbitch...yet.

Harry and Cho were walking into the Entrance Hall, Victoria following loosely behind; discussing Quidditch as Harry and Cho were Seekers for their respective teams. Victoria didn't know much about the game so she kept quiet.

Suddenly she was being dragged away from the other students by Harry and Hermione and Ron were rushing in front of them through the courtyard.

"Harry, where are we going?"

"Hagrid's back." He said and Victoria's eyes widened.

She hadn't been as close to Hagrid as the other three were but enjoyed his classes. She'd only ever spoken to him a few times; mainly to ask a question but nonetheless, she was glad the half-giant had returned.

They rushed down the steps to Hagrid's cabin. Victoria stopped abruptly, bumping into the back of Ron as he stopped in front of her. The four friends heard an all to familiar annoying high pitched voice and Victoria groaned quietly, knowing that Umbridge was back to doing her daily interrogations.

"I will say this one last time," Umbridge paused, "I'm ordering you to tell me where you've been." she said.

"I told you. I've been away for me health." Hagrid explained.

"Your health?"

"Yeah. Bit of fresh air, yeh know."

"Oh, yes. As gamekeeper, fresh air must be difficult to come by." Umbitch replied sarcastically, causing Victoria to roll her eyes and the others to mumble their frustrations.

When Umbridge exited the hut and went back up to the castle, the four friends entered and Hagrid slammed his door shut.

"This is top secret, all right?" Hagrid began, his voice was quiet.

"Dumbledore–"

He stopped and stared at Victoria. "What's a Slytherin doin' hangin round with you lot?"

"Victoria's our friend." Hermione said matter-of-factly.

"Oh, sorry," he muttered and Victoria shrugged. She was used to this.

"Dumbledore sent me to parley with the giants." Hagrid said.

"Giants? You found them?" Hermione asked.

The Gamekeeper nodded. "Well, they're not that hard to find, to be honest. They're so big, see? I tried to convince them to join the cause. But I wasn't the only one that was tryin' to win 'em over."