29. Confessions

☆————————————☆

☆————————————☆

AFTER GRYFFINDOR HAD WON THE FIRST QUIDDITCH GAME OF THE SEASON, VICTORIA JOINED HER FRIENDS AND THE REST OF GRIFFYNDOR HOUSE IN THEIR COMMON ROOM TO CELEBRATE.

She watched happily as the Gryffindor's cheered "Weasley" and crowded around Ron. He'd done exceptionally well in the game and she was proud of him.

"You shouldn't have done it." Hermione said to Harry, catching Victoria's attention.

"I know. I suppose I could have just used the Confundus charm." He smirked and Hermione went red.

"That was different...that was tryouts, this was an actual game." She replied and Victoria chuckled.

Harry pulled the vial of liquid luck from his pocket and Victoria raised her eyebrows at the raven haired boy. "You didn't put it in?" She asked.

"Nope." He said.

Hermione just stared at him. "Ron only thought you did..."

"Yep." He replied, still smirking.

"You're sneaky, Potter," Victoria shook her head and smiled.

Suddenly Lavender jumped up and started kissing Ron, who (idiotically) kissed her back. The Gryffindor common room erupted into more cheers and Victoria saw Hermione run off.

"I'll handle it." She mumbled to Harry who was about to go after her. He nodded and she ran off.

Hermione was sitting on a staircase, crying, and birds were flying above her.

"Hermione..." Victoria said quietly and she turned around.

"Charm spell, just practicing." Hermione replied sadly.

Victoria sat down next to the crying girl and hugged her.

"I'm not going to ask if you're okay, because I know you're not. But, my duty as your best friend is to ask exactly that. So...are you okay?" Victoria asked and Hermione chuckled softly.

"I don't know."

"That's a fair answer."

"Can I ask you something?" Hermione said.

Victoria nodded.

"How does it feel, when you see Harry looking at other girls?" She asked, taking Victoria completely by surprise.

"What?"

"I see the way you look at him and I know how much you like him. You're my best friend."

Familiar laughter entered the room before Victoria could reply and Ron and Lavender appeared in front of them.

"Oops! Look's like this room's taken." Lavender giggled and Victoria glared at her and then at Ron.

"What's with the birds?" Ron asked.