11. Premonition

☆————————————☆

☆————————————☆

THE PLACE WAS DARK, unknown to the girl. She stood in a corridor surrounded by many doors. There was someone guarding one door in particular, but she couldn't see who. The man looked very familiar though but the place was too dark to see.

She tried to move closer to the man, but her feet would not move. It was like she'd been glued to the spot.

She could hear hissing and saw a snake slithering along the ground towards the man. She tried to yell out to him but nothing came out. She couldn't speak, she couldn't move. She just stood there, helpless as she witnessed the snake attack the man.

In that moment, she realised who had been attacked.

Arthur Weasley, lay helpless and bloody on the floor in front of her.

The sight before her soon started to disappear and she was surrounded by darkness.

A blood-curdling, ear shattering scream escaped Victoria's lips as she woke from the nightmare frantically.

Draco Malfoy was standing in front of her, his hands firmly placed on her shoulders. They were surrounded by her fellow Slytherin's and watching her cautiously. She couldn't hear what he was saying, still in shock from the dream.

"I need to find Professor Dumbledore," she breathed, pushing Draco away from her and rushed out of the Slytherin common room.

She ran through the dark corridors, as fast as her tired legs could carry her. Sweat dripped in beads down her face and her breathing was rapid. Victoria frantically knocked on Dumbledore's door when she finally arrived.

The door opened and she was too busy explaining what she saw to notice the Weasley children, Harry and Professor McGonagall already standing there.

"Professor! M-Mr Weasley...he's been a-attacked a-and needs help!" She panted.

"Miss Gibson, I have just been made aware of Mr Weasley's attack. Harry here arrived not long before you did."

Harry looked at her, confusion spread all across his face. How did she know Arthur had been attacked? Had she seen what he saw?

Victoria finally noticed them all staring at her and she swallowed the lump in her throat.

"Professor how–" the brunette began but was cut off by Dumbledore.

"Harry, in the dream, were you standing next to the victim or staring down at the scene?" the Professor asked and Harry shook his head.

"Neither. It was like I...Will you just tell me what's happening?" Harry asked frantically.

Dumbledore didn't respond.

"Everard, Arthur's on duty tonight. Make sure he's found by the right people."