42. Ministry of Madness

☆————————————☆

☆————————————☆

A MONTH HAD PASSED AND THE PLAN WAS IN MOTION. HARRY, RON, HERMIONE AND VICTORIA WERE ABOUT TO GO TO THE MINISTRY OF MAGIC TO RETRIEVE THE REAL LOCKET.

The four of them had decided to use Polyjuice Potion and pretend to be Ministry workers so that they could gain access easily. They carefully kidnapped and put sleeping jinxes on the four chosen Ministry workers, pulled strands of their specific person's hair out and Victoria mentally prepared herself to once again drink the – as Mad-Eye said – goblin piss.

"Right. Remember what we said," Hermione began, "Don't speak to anybody, unless its absolutely necessary. Just...try and act normal. Do what everybody else is doing and with a bit of luck, we'll get inside."

"Then it gets really tricky..." Tori muttered.

"Right." Hermione said.

"This is completely mental." Harry said.

"Completely? The world is mental." Ron replied and Tori sighed.

"Come on, we've got a Horcrux to find." She said and they drank their potions.

A few minutes later the four friends who were now dressed as their Ministry personnel, made their way to the entrance. Much to Victoria's dismay, this particular entrance required flushing themselves and she didn't take a fancy to it at all.

Hermione and Tori split off from the boys and made their way to the ladies toilet, not saying a word to each other as they went; both were too nervous to say or do anything in case it looked fishy or they let something slip.

"This is so gross..." Tori muttered and took a deep breath. She flushed herself and then a few moments later, stepped out of the fireplace into the crowded Atrium of the Ministry.

She walked over to Hermione, who was staring at the fountain and stood next to her quietly. There were stone figures of people all around the bottom, with a giant statue of what Tori assumed was the new Minister.

Harry and Ron appeared next to them a few moments later and the four of them stared at the fountain.

"Are those?" Harry asked.

"Muggles...in their rightful place..." Hermione said.

"I've got a bad feeling about this..." Tori said quietly.

"Is that a Banshee feeling?" Ron asked.

"Nope. Just a regular bad feeling..."

"Oh, brilliant." Ron muttered sarcastically.

"How long did you say this batch of polyjuice potion would last, Hermione?" Harry asked quietly.

"I didn't..."