32. Poisoned

☆————————————☆

☆————————————☆

TERM HAD RESUMED AT HOGWARTS AND THERE WAS AN UNEASY FEELING IN VICTORIA'S STOMACH, LIKE SOMETHING BAD WAS GOING TO HAPPEN...AND SOON.

"You're bloody lucky you weren't killed! Both of you!" Hermione exclaimed.

Victoria, Hermione and Harry were walking down the corridor, discussing the night at the Burrow.

"Hermione please, just drop it." Victoria mumbled but Hermione ignored her.

"It's so easy for them to get you. You have to realise who you are, Harry!" She said.

"I know who I am, Hermione, alright." Harry snapped and Hermione sighed.

"Sorry." He said.

The three of them spotted Ron and Lavender sitting by a window and Victoria gagged, once again. She found herself doing that a lot lately around these two.

"Excuse me, I have to go and vomit." Hermione said and walked off.

"When is Ron going to dump her sorry butt and realise he should be with Hermione instead?" Victoria said as her and Harry continued walking, ignoring Ron and Lavender.

"He's just a little slow. I'm sure it won't be too much longer." Harry said.

Victoria scoffed. "Well, if he doesn't realise it soon, then I'm going to hex it out of him." she said and Harry chuckled.

They continued walking in a comfortable silence and the noise of students died down, as did the amount of students around.

"I don't mean to ruin the already uncomfortable mood, but are we going to talk about what happened at Christmas?" he asked and Victoria stared at him with a slight smirk on her face.

The two teenagers stopped walking and Victoria faced Harry, who was scratching his neck awkwardly.

He's cute when he's awkward.

"Which part?" She asked.

"The er...part where we, you know, almost uh...you know, kissed." He said. Victoria smiled and looked at the ground, feeling her cheeks heat up almost instantly.

"Oh, that part..." she said and he nodded. "We can talk about it if you'd like, but I think if we did...it would mean that we'd have to talk about us...and if there is an 'us'."

"Do you want there to be an 'us'?" Harry asked and Victoria's heart was thumping hard against her chest.

If she knew that almost kissing someone would feel like this, she never would have done it.

Victoria did want to be with Harry, more than anything in the world. But she was scared. Scared of the timing, scared that something might go wrong and ruin their entire relationship, and she was scared that one of them might not make it out of this war alive; she didn't want to go through anymore pain than they already had. But she wanted to be with the boy she loved, for the rest of her life and wanted to forget about everything...just to be with him. However, she knew now wasn't the right time.