10. Dumbledore's Army

☆————————————☆

☆————————————☆

OVER THE NEXT FEW WEEKS, Umbridge had totally turned the school upside down. She had created all these ridiculous new rules and hung them in glass frames on the wall in front of the Great Hall. Whenever Victoria passed it, Mr Filch was putting up something new and she scoffed every time.

This afternoon was only the second DA meeting and Victoria was overly excited. They had decided on practicing in the Room of Requirement and the meetings were a lot more fun than she anticipated. At first, the others didn't like that a Slytherin was amongst them but after Ron told them to stop being stupid and that they could trust her, everyone seemed to warm up to the girl.

Hermione had created fake Galleons for the members to communicate so that nobody would suspect anything. The coins would go hot every time Harry had set a new time and alerted the DA members. She'd also put a charm on the parchment they signed at the first meeting; so that if someone blabbed they'd have 'SNEAK' written on their forehead's in boils. Victoria found this extremely amusing and quite clever. Hermione really was the brightest witch of their age.

"Stunning is one of the most useful spells in your arsenal." Harry told them.

He had challenged Victoria to a duel after he and Nigel did.

"I promise I'll go easy on you." Harry smirked.

"Whatever you say, Potter."

They drew their wands and Victoria yelled "Stupefy!" just before Harry did, sending him flying halfway across the room and the brunette stumbled backwards. She stood back up straight away and saw Harry still on the floor. She chuckled and walked over to him.

"Good job." He breathed and Victoria chuckled.

"Thanks, told you you wouldn't have to go easy on me." She winked and helped him up.

Ron and Hermione were next to duel and Victoria was cheering for her best friend, as much as she liked Ron she knew he wouldn't win.

They both yelled "Stupefy" and Hermione sent Ron flying backwards but didn't move herself. She stood her ground and walked over to the rest of the girls who were giggling as Ron went back over to the boy's.

☆————————————☆

Christmas was approaching and the students weren't as cheerful as they usually were. Professor Umbridge had ruined it for everyone. She created an Inquisitorial Squad for "extra credit" and Victoria knew Draco and his goons had signed up. She overheard them one night, discussing how great Umbridge and her rules were. She hadn't spoken to Draco much since their talk in the common room and was avoiding him because of the DA meetings. Victoria hardly spent any time with her fellow Slytherin's anymore and had been sitting at the Gryffindor table more often than not.