50. The Beginning of the End

☆————————————☆

☆————————————☆

"YOU LOOK–"

"Like hell, I reckon. But this is nothing, Seamus is worse." Neville replied.

"Hey Ab, we've got a couple more coming through." Neville said as Aberforth returned to the room. He nodded and the four friends followed Neville into the portrait.

"Don't remember this on the Marauders Map." Ron said.

"That's because it never existed til now. The seven secret passages were sealed off at the start of the year and this is the only way in or out now. The grounds are crawling with Death Eaters and Dementors." Neville explained.

"How's Snape as Headmaster?" Hermione asked.

"Hardly ever see him. It's the Carrows you've got to watch out for."

"Carrows?" Harry asked.

"Yeah. Brother and sister. In charge of discipline. They like punishment, the Carrows." Neville replied, pointing to the bruise on his face.

"They did that to you? Why?" Victoria asked.

"Today's Dark Arts lesson had us practicing the Cruciatus Curse, on first years. I refused. Hogwarts has changed."

They walked through the tunnel a little more until Neville slowed down. "Let's have a bit of fun, shall we?"

He pushed the portrait hole open. "Hey listen up you lot, got a surprise."

"Not more of Aberforth's cooking, I hope. It'll be a surprise if we can digest it all." Tori heard Seamus say and she chuckled.

Neville stepped aside and cheers erupted the room. The students were clapping and clumping together as Harry, Ron, Hermione and Victoria climbed down the ladder.

"What's the plan, Harry?" Neville asked as they gathered around together.

"There's something we need to find. Something that's hidden here in the castle. It may help us defeat You-Know-Who." Harry explained.

"Alright, what is it?"

"We don't know."

"Where is it?"

"We don't know that either. I realise it's not much to go on."

"That's nothing to go on." Seamus said.

"It has something to do with Ravenclaw." Tori said. "It'll most likely be small and easily concealed."

"Well, there's Rowena Ravenclaw's lost diadem." Luna said.

"Oh bloody hell, here we go." Ron said.

"Lost diadem of Ravenclaw? Hasn't anyone heard of it?" Luna asked but nobody answered her. "It's quite famous."