36. The Death of Albus Dumbledore (pt. 2)

☆————————————☆

☆————————————☆

HOGWARTS HAD CHANGED. THE ATMOSPHERE WAS EMPTY AND ALL THE HAPPINESS IN THE WORLD WAS GONE.

Victoria hadn't been able to sleep, the events of the previous night still in her mind. Every time she closed her eyes, she saw Dumbledore falling to his death and the Dark Mark in the sky. Nobody had spoken a word since it happened, not even a simple hello as they walked by each other in the corridor's or at breakfast or dinner. There were no classes, as the year was over and Victoria was glad in a way. She didn't feel like learning right now.

The only thing on her mind was what Dumbledore's death would mean now, not just for herself but for everyone. Hogwarts was definitely bound to crumble, maybe not now but soon. Now that he was dead, Voldemort had all the power in the world; Death Eaters at his beckon call, more powerful than ever. Tori also thought about the Horcruxes and where to go from now. Dumbledore had started a mission; a mission to find the rest and destroy them, but no one knew where the others were hidden.

When she found out Professor Snape had killed Dumbledore, she wasn't exactly mad. Not as mad as Harry was, but she was still angry. Angry because she knew deep down, Dumbledore asked Snape to do it. Victoria felt bad, in a very small way, for Snape. She always believed he was one of the good guys, but made the wrong decisions. He may have been nasty, but she knew deep down he wasn't a bad person.

Victoria hadn't seen Draco since last night, and she knew exactly where he'd gone. Back to Malfoy Manor, with his family. Again, she wasn't angry with him because she knew how afraid he was. She saw him struggling to kill Dumbledore. But she was angry at Narcissa, and at Lucius for allowing Draco to become a Death Eater. She was mad at them for putting his life in danger like that. Victoria knew he never wanted any of this, they always talked about it when they were younger. Both of them, were born on the wrong side of the war and Draco was just another innocent soul, destroyed at the hands of Lord Voldemort.

☆————————————☆

"Do you think he would've done it? Draco." Hermione asked.

Harry and Hermione were standing on the balcony of the Astronomy Tower, looking out at the view of Hogwarts while Ron and Victoria sat next to each other, listening quietly.

"No, he was lowering his wand. In the end it was Snape, it was always Snape. I did nothing." Harry said. He handed the locket to Hermione. "It's a fake. Open it."

Hermione opened the locket and read the note inside. "To the Dark Lord, I know I will be dead long before you read this but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret. I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can. I face death in the hope that when you meet your match, you will be mortal once more. R.A.B."

"R.A.B? Who's R.A.B?" Tori asked, walking over to Harry.

He shrugged. "Don't know. But whoever they are, they have the real Horcrux. Which means it was all a waste, all of it."

"It wasn't all a waste, Harry. We'll figure out where the real one is." She said. Harry smiled and held her hand. She gladly took it, blushing slightly.

Hermione smirked. "It's about time you two got together. But for the sake of the rest of us, try and keep your snogging to a minimum." She said. Harry chuckled and Victoria rolled her eyes playfully.

"I'm not coming back. I've got to finish whatever Dumbledore started and I don't know where that'll leave me, but I'll let all three of you know where I am when I can." Harry said and the two girls sighed.

"I've always admired your courage, Harry, but sometimes you can be really thick." said Hermione. "You don't really think you'll to be able to find all those Horcruxes on your own, do you?" She asked.

"You need us." Tori said softly and he smiled at her, squeezing her hand and then he looked out at the view.

"I never realised how beautiful this place was." Harry said. Tori rested her head on his shoulder.

Dumbledore's Phoenix, Fawkes, flew past them and Victoria watched as he glided through the air. She walked over to the other side of the tower, Harry, Ron and Hermione following and the four of them watched the bird fly off into the distance.

It was now up to the four of them to find the remaining Horcruxes. Victoria didn't know what was going to come their way, she knew the journey would be the most difficult and dangerous thing they'd ever done, but she didn't care. She knew that as long as they stuck together, they would be able to finish what Dumbledore had started and destroy Voldemort.

☆————————————☆

Half blood prince is done yeehaw 🤠

Tbh I can't actually believe we made it this far but I'm excited to share the deathly hallows part with you! Hope you're still enjoying this story, I promise I see all of your comments even though I don't always have time to respond to them. Just know I see them and it makes me happy that y'all care so much about these characters <3

Alexa play I love you by billie eillish