17. The Department of Mysteries (pt. 1)

☆————————————☆

☆————————————☆

THE SEVEN TEENAGERS ARRIVED AT THE DEPARTMENT OF MYSTERIES and ran out of the elevator, down the cold dark hallway in which many doors were surrounding them.

Harry led them to the end door and they slowly entered the room. The room was surrounded in shelves, as high as skyscrapers; filled with the same blue, crystal orbs that Victoria saw Sirius and Voldemort in only a few hours ago.

Her breathing was fast as she hastily followed behind Harry who was counting the numbers on the shelves. The others were slowly walking around, keeping an eye out for their surroundings.

Victoria had a nauseating feeling in the pit of her stomach and knew that something very bad was about to happen.

"Victoria! Harry!" Neville said.

The brunette walked over to Neville and shot him a confused look. He motioned towards a blue orb that sat on the shelf in front of them.

Her eyes widened as she realised what this was.

"Harry, it's got both your names on it." Neville said and Harry walked up to the orb.

A voice spoke, it was female but horse and faint. It sounded like Professor Trelawney but Victoria wasn't paying too much attention to the voice, only what it was saying.

"The ones with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approach. One born as the seventh month dies, the other born with the cry of a Banshee. The Dark Lord shall mark them as his equal, but they shall have power the Dark Lord knows not. The Banshee; an omen of death, her mournful wails will resonate a power beyond control and The Boy Who Lived; both born with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord. All must die at the hands of one another, for none can live while the other survives."

Victoria and Harry looked at each other warily. This was it. This was the prophecy. It was true, she really was the Banshee. She swallowed the lump in her throat and attempted to take it all in.

"All must die at the hands of one another, for none can live while the other survives."

The words replayed in her head over and over. One of them had to die so the others could live. Victoria didn't want to think of what that meant right now. She just wanted to get out of this place and go back to school where she could hide away and cry.

"You know, you really should learn to tell the difference between dreams...and reality." Lucius Malfoy's voice pulled Victoria out of her thoughts and she turned around.

Harry was standing in front of the group holding the prophecy. Lucius was slowly walking towards them and Victoria stood next to Harry, gripping her wand tightly.

"You only saw what the Dark Lord wanted you to see. Now, hand me the prophecy."

"If you do anything to us, I'll break it." Harry said firmly.