37. Birthday with the Weasley's

☆————————————☆

☆————————————☆

AS SOON AS VICTORIA LEFT HOGWARTS AT THE END OF THE YEAR, SHE WENT STRAIGHT TO HER AUNT GRACIE'S HOME IN WINDDALE AND HAS STAYED THERE EVER SINCE.

Gracie had asked Victoria all about her year at Hogwarts and when she explained what happened, the brunette felt somewhat better. Gracie seemed to understand her more than anyone, and talking about everything helped give her some closure. Tori also finally understood the meaning of the engraving on her bracelet.

"I knew you would figure out what it meant to you eventually. You just needed time." Gracie said when she told her.

She also told Gracie about Harry, and Ron and Hermione, and the journey they were to embark on soon. She had warned Tori to be careful, and not to trust anyone but her friends; she already knew that though, but appreciated Gracie's concern. Victoria felt an extreme amount of guilt for leaving her Aunt, who now more than ever could potentially be in danger. She wanted Gracie to leave, go into hiding somewhere safe but the woman refused.

"I'm not going anywhere. I'd like to see them take on a Banshee." Gracie said with a smirk, in response to Victoria's request.

"But they might come after you, and who knows what they'd do." Tori replied.

"I'm not going to hide, not while you're out there fighting for your life trying to find these Horcrux things. I'm going to stay here, and when the time comes and you need an extra pair of hands, I'll be ready."

Tori felt an emense deal of gratitude towards her Aunt after she said she'd be willing to help whenever they needed it.

The brunette had been keeping in touch, very subtly, with Ron and Hermione over the summer and very little with Harry, but that was for his own protection. As much as she missed him and desperately wanted to write to him, she knew it would be too much of a risk.
Her friends had sent her letters on her birthday too, with sweets and beautiful cards; she was grateful for them and wanted nothing more than to hug all of them. She had spent her actual birthday with Gracie; the two of them went to a local coffee shop for a lovely breakfast, then explored a side of Winddale that Victoria hadn't even known existed. Together, they just did Muggle things and in some way, Tori felt a little closer to her mum and dad.

Ron had invited her to the Burrow, to celebrate her birthday (even if it wasn't her birthday when she arrived) and she gladly accepted. She'd taken her Apparition test the day after her birthday, so she could easily get there. As much as she liked travelling the Muggle way, she definitely preferred Wizarding modes of transport.

☆————————————☆

Victoria finished packing her blue bag, ready to leave to go to the Burrow, and walked downstairs into the living room. Gracie stood waiting for her with a sad smile on her face.