18. The Department of Mysteries (pt. 2)

☆————————————☆

☆————————————☆

THE BLACKNESS DISAPPEARED AND VICTORIA OPENED HER EYES. The voices had stopped. She looked around the room and saw that her friends were being held by the Death Eaters. Harry was laying on the ground, still holding the prophecy in his hand and clutching his wand tightly. She ran over to him and helped him up.

Victoria heard Lucius's laugh and immediately raised her wand. "Did you honestly believe, or were you truly too naive, to think that a bunch of children stood a chance against us?"

"I'll make this easy for you, Potter. Give me the  now...or watch your friends die." He grabbed Victoria forcefully, causing her wand to fall to the ground, and pointed his own at her neck. She whimpered and Harry's eyes flashed with a mix of anger and fear.

"Don't do it Harry...don't give it to him." She said. Lucius pressed his wand further into her neck and glared at her.

"Shut up Victoria, or I will kill you and your precious friends." Lucius said coldly through gritted teeth.

"I'll give it to you. Just let my friends go."

Harry handed Lucius the orb and the man smiled smugly. He didn't let go of Victoria however, and she struggled to break free of his grip.

"Get away from my family." A familiar voice came from behind them and Lucius turned around, letting go of the brunette. She picked up her wand and ran to Harry.

"Are you alright?" He asked her and she nodded. "Fine." She replied.

Sirius punched Lucius in the face and Victoria smiled at the sight of her uncle. Lucius fell over and the orb smashed into pieces. Clouds of white smoke surrounded the room and members of the Order of the Phoenix appeared. Sirius took his niece and godson and they hid behind a rock.

Spells were being sent out everywhere across the room as the Order and Dumbledore's Army members fought against the Death Eaters. Sirius moved the two teenagers around to the other side of the rock, just as it was blasted at.

"Now, the two of you listen to me. Take the others and get out of here." Sirius said and the two teenagers stared incredulously at him.

"What?! No, I'm staying with you." Harry said.

"I'm not going anywhere." Victoria said firmly.

Sirius shook his head. "You've done beautifully, both of you."

"Black!" Lucius said and stunned Sirius, Harry and Victoria but Sirius blocked it and the three of them started duelling.

Victoria stim led backwards however, when the same throbbing pain in her head came back and she fell to her knees, her eyes shut tightly and she clutched her ears. The only thing she could hear apart from the voices in the archway, which were now faint compared to before – was the sound of Bellatrix Lestrange's sick laughter, followed by the two words that everyone feared.